ep 4.

"He wants you" I say as we continue to eat.

"What?! No he doesn't!" she shouts but quietly so people or a certain someone can't hear.

"He was eyeing you up down like how I-like a dessert" I say with small huff.

"Nope I completely disagree, he was just being nice" she asserts sternly, taking a sip of her drink before stuffing her face with more little bites.

"Watch, when we're done he'll give you his number on a napkin"

I wipe my face before leaning on the red leather seats.

She shakes her head 'no'.

After we findih dinner, we stand up and he rapidly comes over.

"That'll be 15.95" he announces, his southern accent filling our ears.

I hand him a twenty and quickly he hands her the receipt and a folded up napkin.

I hold her waist as we walk to the car, her shivering body against mine.

We enter the car and she hurriedly sneaks a peek at the napkin before shoving it in her pocket.

"What's on the napkin?" I question her with a smirk, starting the ignition and turning her seat warmer on.

She stays silent and looks out the window.

"Sweetheart I'm talking to you" I say with a chuckle.

"He put his phone number on it" she grumbles, looking at me with an annoyed pout.

"Well well well would you look at that"

I put my seatbelt on, she mirrors my movements and I hastily drive out of the car park.

"Shut up" she grumbles as we take different turns.

"I'm being rude or anything. That's a compliment, getting a guy's phone number"

She looks at the note again.

"You know what you're right. I think I'll call him"

Something unsettling to bubbles in my stomach.

"No" I state pushing my foot on the pedal just a tad more.

"Why he was cute" she says with a soft smile

My jaw clenched.

Cute? That thing?

"Kittens are cute, your cute he was just no" I utter watching her cheeks ablaze a soft pink blush.

"You think I'm cute?" she almost whispers, a huge grin at her plump lips.

"Yea, I think your adorable"

My lips upturn to her reaction. She becomes squeamish and moves around in her seat with a plastered smile.

"I think your pretty adorable too" she declares, putting her cheeks against the window to cool them down.

"Oh sweetheart, I'm not adorable. I'm sexy" I claim, a smirk at my lips purposefully.

"Pfffsshh you're fine" she murmers but doesn't disagree. Hmm, good to know.

"As hell"

"Ace stop!" she exclaims, putting her head in her hands.

"Am I making you flustered, sweetheart?" I question her with a smirk.

"Umm no of course not" she mutters, clearly lying through her teeth.

"I think a certain cute individual is lying" I reply with a grin.

"And I think the person driving this car should shut up" she expresses with a proud smile.

"That was a weak comeback" I respond causing her to pout.

"Stop the car" she speaks, looking out the window.

"Why?"

"I'm walking" she mutters, unbuckling herself.

"If you don't put that back on so help God" I declare, looking at her then at the road.

"No, stop the car"

"I'm sorry, now please put the seatbelt back on" I snarl with the roll of my eyes.

"You're sorry?"

"Azalea" I utter sharply. With a big smile she clicks her seatbelt in and is now content.

We drive in silence as she hums to a random song.

"Do you like my name?" she inquires out of the blue.

"Of course, it's beautiful" I state as I park the car and with the press of a button stop it.

"Do you like my name?" I question her as we both unbuckle.

"Yes I've never heard anyone with it" she announces with a grin.

I nod and we enter her house, not a single a star in the sky.

She rushes to the sofa and sits down.

"Go upstairs, it's way past your bedtime. Your brother is going to have a knife to my throat"

She sighs loudly.

"I'm not going" she declares, crossing her arms.

"Sweetheart, you have school tomorrow"

I sit beside her, my hands tempted to pull her body closer to mine.

"So do you" she mutters with a frown.

"No, I don't go to school anymore. I inherited my dad's business"

I try not to let the picture of my father's face invade my memories.

"Well if you're not going to school than neither am I" she huffs and leans into the couch.

"That's not possible, you get home schooled" I chuckle at her furrowed brows of anger.

"Well-I-ugh"

She stomps upstairs with a groan at every step.

What a character.

I position the pillow to my liking and fold the blanket out before laying on the sofa.

"Ace?" Lea questions me softly from her room.

"Yes sweetheart?" I respond to her as I sit up before slowly make my up to her.

"Can you sleep in the bed with me?" she questions me, her face hidden behind stuffed panda's.

"Why?" I remark, my eyes wide.

"Well normally I know Luca is in the next room but now he's not and you won't sleep in his bed so I'm starting to feel scared on my own-"

"I understand, I'll sleep with you" I say with smile.

Her eyes bright, she moves all of her toys gently to the floor.

I move into her queen sized bed and we lay a good distance away from each other.

As she drifts away she gradually comes closer before wrapping the small arms around my torso causing my heart to 'aww' strange I know.

I carefully move her so her head is on my chest and I wrap my arms around her waist, her soft hair cascading down our bodies.

Her warmth coos me to drift off into sleep, my mind filled with today's memories with her.