ep 14.

Azalea's P.O.V:

Ace parks and I quickly take off my seatbelt and rush to the front door. He quickly follows and together we enter the elevator.

As we go up to his floor, I could feel his eyes on me. I could feel the burning haze from miles away.

I look back and as I stare into his blue eyes I could see the pain and guilt in them.

"Don't look at me like that" I mumble, breaking eye contact.

"Like what?"

"Like you're sorry for what you did"

"That's where you're wrong. I was protecting you from my world. It's scary and your life is always on the line"

We walk into lounge in his bedroom. A security guard closes the glass door.

"That's all you say recently"

I sigh and sit on the couch.

"Because it's true, I'll always protect you and my family, genetic or not"

He shrugs and sits beside me.

I have the urge to forgive him but I quickly swallow that thought, thinking about all of those lives he destroyed. Ruined.

We sit in silence. I don't dare to look at his expression. I don't really need to.

"Where should I stay?" I question him, standing up. A wave of cool air hits me. You could cut that tension with a knife.

"You can stay at the door to the right"

His Adams apple bobs up and down.

I nod and open the door to see all of my stuff neatly beside the bed.

"I had a feeling you wouldn't want to stay with me anymore so I got Maria to move your stuff"

He explains my question without even knowing it.

I nod again and walk into the white room, the smell of roses hitting my nostrils like a bouquet of flowers.

"I'll see you later Lea"

He swiftly leaves and I already miss his stupid presence. Only God can help me now.

But he needs to think about he's done. I could've been murdered and not even known why?! He kept the biggest part of his life from me and it hurts knowing that he didn't want to share that bit of himself with me. And don't even get me started on Luca. I would beat him silly if he wasn't...well wherever the heck he is.

See, a perfect example of keeping secrets that do not need to be kept a secret.

With an angry huff I fall face first onto the bed and let out a big yawn.

Dang I should take a nap. It would definitely help release all of that pent up anxiety and frustration.

So I close my eyes and let myself dream away.

Ace's P.O.V:

I can't do this anymore. Having Lea hate me is driving me insane. How the fuck am I ever going to get her to forgive me?

But I didn't keep these secrets from her to get her mad, I did it to save the trauma and pain you will feel being in this.

From the minute I was born my father forced me to become this scary heartless monster and I didn't have a single say. I was isolated, alone and so fucking depressed.

I wish I could've grown up in normal family, with parents who love each other, or siblings who fight twenty four seven. I don't dream about flying tigers or becoming wizards and fairies. I dream about that love that quite frankly I've never gotten.