ep 13.

Ace's P.O.V:

As she drifts off into a deep slumber I cautiously go to the elevator, quiet not to wake her.

I press on level 29 and within minutes it dings to a busy corridor.

Walking past people, their eyes immediately look to the floor and they scurry faster than ever.

Ignoring their presences, I walk into Jacob's office to see him and Michael concentrating at the screens in front of them.

"What's going on?"

They jump at the sound of my voice before looking at me with a relieved sigh.

"Well we can hear everything Luca hears and so far he's completing tasks and not very well. He gets screamed at every second" Jacob tells me as I sit on the third seat of his huge desk.

The boy is so stupid. How can he get scolded so fast?

Idiot.

I don't how he's going to complete the plan at hand. Stupid bitch.

We're going to bring Luca back with a surprise attack next week so, in that time period he'll try and pry information out of this group.

He better not get killed.

"Keep me posted and tell Robin to get her recruits ready, I'm sending them into Ghostly" I say tapping the table before I leave.

I press level 30 at the lift. Time to see my sweetheart, though I don't think she wants me to call her that. It's too bad, it's become her new name.

The doors open and I don't see her. She's probably asleep on the couch.

I walk to the sofa but don't see her long silky hair or her adorable pouty expression as she sleeps.

All I see is a note?

I open it and it reads:

Hi Ace, I'm not going to be staying with you anymore. You are danger to me and I can't risk myself for you. Please don't talk to me ever again.

Love you (not in that way),
Azalea.

What the fuck? She can't leave, not like this. Call me selfish but I need her, her body on mine, her lips on mine. Goddammit.

I storm back in the elevator and press the ground floor. The receptionist must've seen her walk out.

The door opens slowly and I rush over to the lady behind the desk, who's name I've forgotten.

"Have you seen a 5'4, small girl with brunet hair and big drown doe eyes?" I question her, each passing minute worrying me further.

"Umm, Oh! Yes! She rushed out, tears on her face. I thought it was one of your...ex's" she presses cautiously.

I nod and quickly get my keys out of my pocket. Unlocking my car and jumping in. Within seconds I start it up and drive just over the speeding limit, looking at the pavement for any signs of her.

Nothing.

There empty and I truly feel like swerving into a lamppost.

I'd been gone for five minutes tops, she should be here, somewhere.

I drive to her house to see a light on. So she's in there.

I swerve near the house and jump out of the car. Not bothering to lock it.

"Sweetheart!?" I shout banging on the door multiple times, my fist slowly becoming red.

After three minutes of knocking on the door I sigh and unlock it.

I wanted to see if she would open it willingly.

Stepping inside, I see a cup of apple juice at the island table.

"Sweetheart?"

I walk up the stairs, making my footsteps loud so she can hear.

I heighten my pace. She's in trouble. I can feel it.

Twisting the door handle, I see her holding a big, bulky man to the floor.

After a second of.silence, she helps him back up.

"Don't do that again"

"I-I-umm sorry?"

He scratches the back of his head awkwardly.

"Your apology is accepted. Don't come back here"

She pats his shoulder and he runs out the door, sliding past me with a bewildered expression.

"What the fuck is going on" I question her as she sits on her bed.

"That man was following me and when I came to my house he tried to attack me but with lesson I had with Alex, I protected myself. Now that's besides the point, what are you doing here? Did you not read the letter?" she remarks, her brows in a knot.

"Of course I did. Sweetheart-"

"Lea"

"Lea".

that sounds bitter on my tongue. Unnatural and sharp.

"No matter how angry you are, you can't stay here. Dangerous people are out to get me and now you. So after that's dealt with, you have to come with me. Let's go"

I easily make her stand, though she uses all of her bodyweight to be sat back down.

"What dangerous people? Spies? Secret agents? Another mob?!" she rambles her eyes widening at every word that rumbles out of her mouth.

"Lea. Let's go" I trudge out of the room, but pause at the stairs.

I can hear her soft footsteps behind me. She follows me to the car.

I get in and start the seat warmers. She practically melts into the passenger seat.

We put our seatbelts on in unison and in seconds I drive to my house.

After three minutes of overwhelmingly thick silence she leans her head on the window.

"I'm sleeping in a guest room" she murmers gently.

"And why is that?" I question her, already knowing the asmwer.

"Because I don't feel comfortable sleeping with you"

She sighs.

"You weren't saying that when your arms were wrapped around me for the past week"

I don't why I said that. But my heart is chipping away at this sudden distance between us.

"Well, for the past week I didn't know you're a freaking serial killer. Trust me, you would be in jail if I knew before"

"Your brother is too. It's petty putting this blame all onto me" I spit.

"I would blame him but he's not here. In fact I have no idea where heck he is! He could be dead for all I know"

Her voice shatters at the last sentence.

"He's safe. Don't worry Lea" I whisper delicately. One wrong move and she's never going to forgive me.

I place my hand on her thigh in comfort but she feebly moves it away and plays with her own fingers, droplets of frustration and sadness falling onto them.

One by one.

"Don't cry" I say in a hushed tone, my eyes looking st her glassy ones.

"I can't help it" she mutters with a sniffle. I did that, I made her cry and it's eating away at my heart. She doesn't deserve that pain.