ep 15.

Ace's P.O.V:

I wake up,  fresh from sleep, Lea slightly snoring in my arms. So fucking adorable.

How could so damn lucky, I have no idea.

"Sweetheart wake up" I whisper. She smacks her pouty lips and grumbles quietly.

"Don't wake me up. Go to work" she mutters, pushing me away.

"You have to come with me for your class" I respond, pulling her body against mine.

"No"

"No?"

"I've learnt enough. You go shoot some people or whatever you do" she murmers, pulling the duvet over her head.

"Sweetheart, now" I mandate, getting up and grabbing the sheets in my arms.

A shiver runs through her body and she opens her eyes.

"You're so mean" she groans, sitting up.

"No, you're just lazy" I retort with a smirk.

She throws a pillow at me before running into the bathroom and locking the door.

I roll my eyes and walk out of her room and into mine.

~

After thirty minutes we're both ready and eating breakfast that Maria made for us at the first floor.

"Drink water" I assert, as she puts her dishes in the sink.

"Yes dad" she sasses, causing me to almost spit out the orange juice in my mouth.

"You don't kiss your dad" I counter, causing her face to turn petal pink.

"We don't talk about that" she grumbles, throwing me my car keys.

I catch them and together we walk into the elevator.

As we enter our car Lea seems off. Like she's on edge.

"What's wrong sweetheart?" I question her as we drive to the headquarters.

"Nothing" she rumbles, leaning her head against the window.

"Lea you can talk to me about anything, I've experienced it all"

"What if we get killed?"

My eyes widen and I look at her face in shock.

"What do you mean? I need a little more context" I express as we stop on a traffic light.

"Well how about if that man comes back and kills us" she affirms, looking at me briefly.

"Trust me he won't. Did you see the way he walked out of your room?" I return with a chuckle, but she doesn't laugh. Instead she frowns.

"I'm serious Ace"

"Well, we have a lot of security guards and protection to stop that. Experts are crawling all over the place to alert when there's an issue" I reply, rubbing her knee in comfort.

"But what  if they're secretly working for the bad guys? What will you then?"

Why didn't I think of that? I guess, it's becuase my workers know actions come with consequences.

"Then we'll hire more"

"But what they also work for the bad side"

"That won't happen" or will it?

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, one hundred percent"

"Hmm, ok then" she declares with a content smile. Doesn't take much to convince her.