ep 10.

"Ace, Lea wake up!" Maria shouts at the two of us.

We must have fallen asleep on the sofa. I check the time: 12:30 AM. Fuck me it's time for work.

I sleep on top of Ace whilst his hands securely wrap around my waist.

"Hello Maria" I say with a smile.

"Hello dear, please wake up Ace and tell him something has come for him in the mail. It's on the dining room table" she tuts before quickly leaving.

"Ace!" I shout shaking his shoulders.

"What?" he grumbles gently.

"Apparently there's something for you on the dining room table" I say loudly, slapping his cheeks softly to wake him up further.

He groans but lets go of me, I take the opportunity to get off of him.

He sits up and muffles a yawn whilst I stand.

"Sweetheart, before I forget you'll be coming with me to work today. I've set up some self defence lessons with a trainer"

He stands up and puts his hands at my shoulders.

"Ok! I'll get ready!" I exclaim with a goofy grin.

He chuckles and nods as I run to the elevator. I press level ten and once it dings rush to me and Ace's room.

Ace's P.O.V: 

I enter the dining room and a big box sits on the table.

Intrigued, I look on the box for a return address but there isn't one, so rip open the box.

It's filled with white packing peanuts and as I dig through it a letter sits neatly at the bottom of the box.

My brows furrowed I open it and it reads:

Hello Ace,

It's Luca. I just want to tell you that I've moved in ranks at Ghostly and can finally meet the boss. But that's not why I'm writing to you. Something big is happening here and I have a feeling its about you. Be very cautious and get more security. I'll send you another letter when I know more. Tell Azalea I said hi and that I love her.

Bye boss.

P.S: If you make a move on her I'll kill you :))

"Are you ready to go?" Lea questions me.

She wears black ripped jeans, an oversized graphic t-shirt, thin silver chains with air jordans. She looks good.

"Yeah just let me get changed, and we'll head out. You don't need to eat, there's food at the head quarters" I say rushing to the elevator.

Azalea's P.O.V:

I wait in garage, staring at the beautiful shiny cars.

Why does he drive an Audi when he could drive a Bugatti or a Ferrari?

"Let's go sweetheart" he says wearing a white button up (leaving three buttons down), a matching grey suit, a silver watch and black shoes.

I nod and we quickly enter his car. We buckle up and we drive out of his garage with speed.

"Ace?"

"Yes?"

"Why do drive this car when you could easily drive something else with more luxury?"

"Well this car is bullet proof and I use the other cars for street racing" he says with a nonchalant shrug of his shoulders.

 "Wow can I go to one of your races?" I ask him with a smile.

"No sweetheart, the races I go to are very dangerous and I don't want you to get hurt" he mutters with a soft chuckle.

I smile at his thoughtfulness and in no time we park at his massive office.

"Are you the CEO?" I question him as we exist his car.

"Sure"

he wraps his arm around my waist and guides us in.

We quickly go to level 25 where lots of employees bustle around.

He gives me a bowl of cereal and after I eat someone speaks:

"Hey boss, I'll take her" a deep male voice says making my head turn.

"Ok, sweetheart you'll be going with Alex. He'll be teaching you some self defence" I nod and he swiftly takes me to a huge room.

Around twenty men and woman stretch and laugh together.

"If I could have your attention" he says causing everyone to turn and silence.

"This is Azalea, she'll be joining our class for a couple of weeks"

With a little push I walk to the front of the room closest to Alex as he sets up different pieces of equipment.

I stand awkwardly, my hands by sides and look down.

"Hey are you ok?" questions me.

I look up to see a boy with light green eyes and messy blonde hair.

"Yeah I'm good I just don't know what to do" I say causing the guy to laugh.

"I'll help you practise, Azalea right?"

"Yes but my friends call me Lea. What's your name?"

"Max. So Lea come in front of me"

I walk in front of Max, his chest against my back.

"So stretch your arms like a cross"

My arms are like a statue away from me so he lifts them up, his big hands at my forearms.

"Do you feel the burn?" he questions me quietly.

He moves my arms further and I feel that pull.

"Yes I feel it" I say with a smile.

"Good now-"

Ace comes through the door and when his eyes connect with mine his posture softens. I smile but when he looks at Max and mine's position he face contorts into a scowl.

"Hi Acey!" I say with a grin.

"Hi sweetheart, can you come outside with me for a little chat"

"Yes of course. Max I'll be five minutes"

I pat his shoulder and rush out the door with Ace.

"What's up?"

"You can't do that with him" he states his arms crossed.

"Why? We're stretching for a class you put me in" I say my brows furrowed in confusion.

"I know but I don't like seeing you do that with another guy" he says his expression tight with...jealousy?

"Are you jealous?" I question him holding back a smile.

"No, I'm worried. This guy could be dangerous" he says with a cough.

"You know what Ace, I'm just going to go back into class and you can think about your feelings ok?"

I don't wait for him to answer and walk back in.

I'm not going to lie I was such a baddie. Maybe that's the new me. Nah I'm kidding! I could ever be that cool forever.

I walk back over to Max who looks at me with shock.

"You know the boss?" he questions me, his brows raised.

"Yes I live with him" I say with a shrug.

"So your not a recruit?"

"Nope I'm here because Ace says I need to know self defence" I say with a smile.

"I-well-"

"Ok class can you all partner up? Today's lesson will start now"

"Will you be my partner?" me and Max question each other in unison.

We laugh before replying.

"Yes"