(15) Race Against Time Itself

A/n: You miss this book? I did to-

Y/n pov:

  I was in my room getting ready to head out, the whole class was going to be there. You see, there was a bet between Alix and Kim has placed a bet on a race. If Alix won, Kim would stop his dares. And I forgot what would happen if Kim won.

  When I felt presentable enough, I left my room and I was out the house. With putting my shoes on of course. I walked to Trocadéro, waving and posing for pictures requested by nearby fans.

  Eventually I made it, I had already apologized for being late so now I was standing in-between Chloe and Adrien. Chloe was practically clinging onto my arm, while Adrien and I chatted.

  As I realized we were waiting for both Alix and Marinette to show up, they both finally arrived. This was about the time Chloe finally let go of me, with the help of Adrien.

  I complemented Marinette about the poster she made, I got concerned when she started responding with jumbled up words. I was about to ask if she was okay, when Kim interrupted.

  "I'm clearly going to win this, your no match for me Alix. My neck is even bigger then your thigh!" He exclaimed.

  Alya was suddenly beside me, "Is that even a good thing?" She whispered with a lopsided smile.

  I slightly leaned back to talk to her, "I don't think so."

  Max quickly pushed Alix and Kim apart, "Let's review the rules shall we?"

  I felt bad, but I blocked most of his explanation out. He had already talked about this yesterday, I didn't feel like hearing it again.

  "On your marks.." Ohh? Were here now? Welp, guess it's time to start listening.

  "Get set..-"

  "Hold up!" All the attached went to Alix, before turning to Kim because he had fell.

  "Giving up already?" Kim smirked from the floor.

  Alix rolled her eyes before skating up to me, "Hold this for me will you (Y/n)? I don't wanna drop it during the race."

  I carefully took it my hands, oh gosh, too much pressure-

  "Are you sure you want ME to hold it Alix?" I asked with hesitation.

  "Guard it with your life, it's a family heirloom. I trust you (Y/n)." Alix said before she skated back to the starting line.

  Wh- that didn't help at all!

  "On your marks, get set.. GO!"

  Once Max gave the okay to go, Kim and Alix were off.

  I held the watch tightly in my hands, when suddenly a voice was heard behind me, "That's a really nice watch."

  This may have been a bad thing, but my first instinct was the through whatever I had at the person behind me. Which just happened to be Alix's watch.

  Adrien caught it right before it hit his head, "Good aim, sorry I scared you." He smiled apologetically.

  I took a second to catch my breath, before reaching a hand out to take back the watch, "It's cool, just be glad it was a watch thrown at you and not a shoe."

  Adrien placed the watch back in my outstretched hand, grazing my palm for a split second. He froze for a moment while I took my hand back, "Ou~, what'cha got there (Y/n)-kinns? An old case or whatever?" Chloe said as she took it from my hand.

  "Clo give it back, it's Alix's." I told her with panic.

  "If it's Alix's it's probably worthless." She smiled at me.

  "Last lap!" Max called out.

  I softly glared at her, "You shouldn't say that Chloe."

  Chloe slightly paused when she heard me say her actual name and not the nickname I gave her.

  "Give it back to (Y/n) Chloe." Marinette said from behind me.

  At the sound of Marinette's voice, Chloe only held the watch tighter. Pushing a button I didn't see and was shocked by the sudden blue light.

  The watch almost flew out of Chloe's hands, tumbling onto the track. We watched in horror as Alix sped up and skated over it.

  ... Oh no..

  Alix raised a fist into the air, proud of herself for winning. She turned around to look back at us, but gasped in shock at the broken watch on the ground.

  Alix slowly skated towards what used to be her watch, kneeling down and held the left over pieces. She spoke with her head hung low, "What happened."

  I stepped forward, "I got scared by Adrien so I accidentally threw it at him, he gave it back but before he could Chloe grabbed it from me and dropped it and... Then you skated over it..." I ended in a low note.

  "I just got this watch.. it was given to me for my birthday, this was a family heirloom!" Alix spoke louder the more mad she got.

  "It was an accident Alix!" Marinette explained.

  "We didn't mean any harm.." Adrien followed.

  Chloe scoffed, "As if, I totally had nothing to do with this." She said as she crossed her arms.

  "You're all to blame!" Alix exclaimed as she cried tears of frustration.

  Alix proceeded to skate away, but I ran after her.

  "Alix wait!" I called out to her.

  Alix didn't stop, but she did slow down. I took this as my chance to speak, "I really am sorry, I should've been more careful." This caused her to stop completely.

  "I shouldn't have gotten so scared because of Adrien, and I shouldn't have let Chloe take the watch out of my hands!-"

  "(Y/n)!" She said to silence me, "I'm not.." She sighed, "I'm not mad at you just-.. give me some time."

  With that, she skated away. And I didn't follow her.

--

  I was walking back to where the others were, a thoughtful expression on my face. I truly felt bad, Alix had entrusted ME to keep her watch safe. So it was my fault that it broke.

  I paused when I heard the sound of roller skates from behind me. I was weirded out when I felt a stick poke at my back. I turned around to see.. an alien? An alien costume perhaps?

  "You have to get out of here, it's dangerous." Was all they said, before they nudged me to the side with their rollerblade and skated off.

  I stood there for a moment, relaying what just happened in my head. That voice sounded familiar.. wait-

  I turned back to see a crowd of people fading and frozen still, and that alien interpretation tagging people. Those people also froze and started to fade.

  "Alix.." I whispered in horror.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
I'm sorry you all had to wait so long for a short chapter (╥﹏╥)
Unedited
1120 words