The Domino Effect

<Kimberly>

"Can you suck me beautiful?"

Those words appeared in the chat window and Kimberly's jaw practically hit the top of her desk.  HOW DARE HE?  How dare Billy, someone who was becoming a very important part of her life, ask a question she was used to getting from the perverts on this site and guys from school who didn't respect the fact that she was with Lance.  She always wound up putting whoever asked in their place, either with a strongly worded response and a block or a kick that sent the offending requester's testicles to the back of their throat.  Looks like this was the end of this wonderful relationship with Billy.

"Can you suck me beautiful?  Who asks a question like that to a girl at all?  Are you absolutely insane?  Are you serious right now?  Of all people, I thought that you were better than this.  Or are you just like them and don't care to read?  If you did, then you would see that I HAVE A BOYFRIEND!!  I love him very much and I would definitely not cheat with him with some ignorant fool from the internet.  What do you have to say before I go ahead and block you?"

The words were flowing from the keyboard onto the screen.  Kimberly was angry.  She was hurt.  She was concerned about a nagging thought in the back of her mind that didn't want to block him. A thought that told her that maybe he just made a mistake, that he wasn't like the other guys she talked to.  After a couple of minutes of looking at the screen and seeing no response, she grew concerned then angry.

"Why haven't you said anything?  Are you a coward who can't speak up for himself when he does something?  Ugh.  I can't believe that you are just going to ignore me like this.  What is your problem?"

Again, nothing happened.  No response came to the chat window.  Kimberly was seething.  She didn't even hear the pebbles hitting the pane of glass on her window to let her know that Lance was there.  She needed a response.  She needed to tell Billy off.  To get that satisfaction before she sent him to Blockville.  Finally hearing a pebble hit the window, she looked out to see Lance outside.  

"Lance,"  she said with a frustrated tone in her voice, "give me a few minutes.  My little sister is still up and I don't want her to tell mom and dad about you coming over tonight."

After closing the window, she hurried back to the computer screen.  With an annoyed sigh, she resigned to the fact that she wasn't getting an answer tonight.

"I think it is pretty messed up how you can ask a question like that and just ignore a girl.  I am not blocking you tonight because we are so not done with this.  You better have a damn good reason for ignoring me.  I am going to bed and I am so disappointed in you."

With that, Kimberly logged off and headed toward the living room to let Lance in.  She was relieved to have Lance there at that moment.  She had some frustration to let out and someone was going to get it.  She couldn't wait to bite down hard on his neck and let it all out.

<William>

As William opened his eyes, he could hear the rhythmic tapping that was the notifications from the chat room.  

"Oh no!  I fell asleep on her!  She is going to kill me!"

When he lifted his phone to send her a message, his facial expression went from regret to pure despair as he saw what he had sent her.

"Can you suck me beautiful?"

His jaw practically hit the floor as he read those words.  His mind flew into a state of shock.  Had he sent this?  No way.  He couldn't have.  He didn't think of Kayleigh that way.  Did he?  As he read the messages that Kayleigh had left, a tear rolled down his face.  He felt he had lost his friend, someone who was growing more and more important with each passing day to him.  He had to make sure she knew how sorry he was, that he only wanted her friendship.