The Weight of Lies

<Andy's POV>

"Wait, you are talking about Billy?  He's friends with Colby and Janet right?"

Andy was smiling on the inside as he said those words out loud.  Kim was going to flip out and break up with that guy she was talking to.  It'll be perfect.  Either Brittney will be happy and go out with him, or maybe Kim would give her "savior" a chance to get a taste of that.  I mean you know what they say, the best way to get over someone is to get under someone else.  

The look on Kim's face was priceless.  She looked like a deer in headlights and that his words were a tractor trailer going 80 on Rt 13.  If he could just keep this going he could get exactly what he wanted.

"Yeah, that Billy is bad news.  You want to stay as far away from him as you can.  He is going to hurt you.  He keeps secrets and just isn't the type of guy you want to be around."

"He is not a guy who could hurt anyone!  He is the sweetest most caring guy I have known!  You're lying!"

Her face was turning redder and redder.  It was like she would explode at any minute!  This was just great!  Either she was going to dump him or this Billy guy was a dead man.

As Kim rushed away from the river and walked down toward her house, Andy couldn't help but smile at knowing his plan worked.  He was ready to give Kim the Moyer move.  

<Kim's POV>

"Wait, you are talking about Billy?  He's friends with Colby and Janet right?"

Those words punched her right in the gut.  What did he know about HER Billy?  She began to question everything.  What did SHE even know about HER Billy?  The statement made by Andy definitely blindsided her.  Hell, she probably has to wipe dirt off of her chin from it seeming to hit the ground in shock.

"Yeah, that Billy is bad news.  You want to stay as far away from him as you can.  He is going to hurt you.  He keeps secrets and just isn't the type of guy you want to be around."

Kim could not believe her ears.  This was not her Billy that she was hearing about.  Andy was definitely lying.  She was sure of it.  

"He is not a guy who could hurt anyone!  He is the sweetest most caring guy I have known!  You're lying!"

Kim stormed off down toward a trail not even caring about Rose, whom she left at the river.  As soon as she felt she was out of earshot, she called Billy.  She had to know the truth.  

"Hey baby.  What's up?"

His voice on the other end of the phone was soothing but she was still extremely angered at the insinuation that Billy had any secret that she didn't know about.

"Now, I need you to tell me the truth.  Is there ANYTHING that I need to know?  Anything you have been hiding from me?  Because I swear if you are then we are done.  Do you fucking understand me?"

As she spoke, her voice started to break as tears started to stream down her face.  Damn her overthinking nature, always assuming the worst even when nothing was probably wrong.  

"Yeah, Kim.  I understand.  And seriously, I have nothing to hide from you.  There is nothing that I am hiding.  Whats brought this on baby?"

Kim proceeded to tell him about Andy and how he had seemed like he was friends with Colby and Janet.  How he sounded convincing when he had said that Billy was bad news and that she should stay as far away from Billy as possible.  

"Let me ask Janet if they know Andy.  If not, then he is obviously lying to try and get you to do something that you will regret.  I love you and want no one other than you.  You with me?"