One (edited)

Here's a toast to my real friends

A new year at Hogwarts meant my escaping my home. My father, Regulus Black, and mother, Vivienne, were unique. They had always loved and spent time with me until last year when everything changed. My mother got sick, and I spent almost every hour awake with her in bed. She didn't have long left until she passed away a few months later. My father loved my mother with all of his heart; she was his soulmate, his happy pill. Since that day, my father and I haven't talked much, and he lost every happy living soul in his body. I am now sixteen years old, and I am about to begin my sixth year at Hogwarts.

"Rosie," a well-recognized voice shouts my name from the other side of the platform. Draco Malfoy, my best friend since birth and my own happy pill. Our mothers grew up together, and we have been inseparable since we first met.

"Draco, god, I have missed you so much." he hugs me tightly, and I can't help but take his smell, mint and wood from a broom. His perfume is vital, too, but somehow, his scent always comes through, and I always feel safe having him around.

"I have missed you too. How are you?" He has a smile, but it fades as a sad expression occurs. He has been worried about me for the last few months, pretty much since my mother got sick, and I am so thankful for everything he has done for me.

"I am fine. It's been months since she passed, and I like to think I am beginning to get stronger." I fake a smile. Talking about my mother is something I like to avoid and have since the day she died. Draco inspects me, a frown on his face, and I know he doesn't believe me. But instead of fighting and forcing it out of me, he smiles and leaves a kiss on top of my head.

"My mother asked me to say hi," he chuckles, scratching his neck, and I can't help but smile. I love his mother, Narcissa. She has always been like my extra mother since I grew up, with her always being around. And now that my mother passed away, she has had a unique role in my life; she even came over with cookies and helped me when I needed her the most.

"How is she?" I ask, leaning against the wall with a smile; he only shrugs, shaking his head.

"She is excellent, just a little bit overwhelmed with everything going on?" He looks down, and my smile fades. The dark lord has returned not very long ago. Our parents have always been loyal followers of the man, meaning there is no way to escape but to help him complete his missions. It's been somewhat of a challenging year for us all.

"Rosie, Draco. There you guys are." The brunette boy runs over to us with a massive smile. My smile immediately returns as I notice him, and my body heats up with emotions. He quickly hugs me, and I smile into his chest, feeling him hold me tightly.

"Damn it, Black, gorgeous as always." Theo jokes, but I know part of what he says is genuine. We have been flirting for the last couple of years, and even if it might come off as a joke on my part, it's very genuine. And I think this year might change how I feel about him since my feelings are growing stronger.

"You look handsome, Nott." he grins, his hand leaning over my arm as I shiver at his touch. It's not until a girl screams from the other side of the platform that he lets go of me and turns to face where the voice comes from. The blonde girl calls my name over again until she finally returns to my side and throws herself over me.

"Rosie Amelia Black, god, I have missed you so much," she hugs me tightly, and I have to try my best not to fall back to the ground.

"I have missed you so much. Did you get my letters?" She looks worried, but I calm her down with a smile.

"I am better now, Iris. And yes, I get all of your letters. Thank you," she smiles, kissing my cheek before turning to the boys.

"Oh, I'm sorry I didn't see you there." She wears a grin on her face, her eyes stuck on Draco. Did I tell you my two best friends have an ongoing fake beef? No? It's funny at some times until it escalates.