seven (edited)

And I ain't gonna tell him I think he knows.

"So, I was thinking." It's later, and Theo and I sit in the common room studying for potions, even though I am unsure how much we have gotten done. My eyes meet his, and I notice the nerve in them.

"Maybe we can hang out tomorrow, just the two of us." A shy smile spread his lips, and a flush of butterflies spread through my body.

"Is this your way of asking me out on a date?" I grin; even though I am fragile on the inside, I don't want to show myself as weak to anyone. Not even my best friends.

"Maybe, if that's what you want?" He asks shyly, and I shrug. Girl rules one: don't accept a date too quickly, or he will know his power and leave you in one second.

"I mean, I can think about it." He stares at me with a confused facial expression, and I can't help but chuckle at his reaction. It's funny; I don't think I have ever seen him like this. It's cute, but it also scares me a bit.

"I am kidding, Theo. Of course, I would like to go on a date with you." He smiles, and I think about my task whenever I can spend time with Theo without it getting in between or fucking it all up. I don't want to leave the date for the task or be stressed about it. Theo deserves one hundred per cent of me, and I just have to find a way to give it to him. I was about to approach Theo as the door opened, and Mattheo entered the room.

"Hello, Nott, Black." I roll my eyes at him. Of course, he is not really friendly; he just knows the power he has over us, not to mention how small he makes Theo feel. His grin tells everything, how he stares between us with a proud smirk.

"What do you want now, Mattheo?" Theo stares between the two of us with a confused face, and I dont even notice the thing that makes him dizzy.

"You call him Mattheo?" Theo raises his eyes, staring at me, and I just shrug. Don't get me wrong, I am just as confused, but the last thing I want to do right now is explain myself with a stupid name when I don't even have an answer.

"Riddle makes me think of his father. Now, what do you want?" I turn my face towards the brunette guy, who only rolls his eyes before walking closer to me.

"We have to talk," he looks at Theo before his eyes approach me. He doesn't look too mad; he's a bit annoyed and tired. Does he ever sleep? Or does this task keep him up at night like it does to me? My eyes fall over Theo, who nods at me, begging me to follow Riddle.

"I am sorry," I mime with my mouth before following the guy outside and around the corner.

"Talk," I lean against the wall, watching him look around to ensure no one everywhere could hear us.

"First of all, I dont like being called by my first name. Secondly, we have to work on our task, or my father won't be happy with the both of us." I only roll my eyes. His father won't be pleased with the both of us? I dont think the dark lord knows how to feel happy with anything. Besides, we have months to complete this task, and I don't think it makes any difference if we begin today or tomorrow. It's a murder; what else can we do now?

"And lastly, you can not tell your boyfriend about our task. My father will hurt anyone who knows without being told by himself." So what? Does he care about Theo now? I stare at his brown eyes; I don't think I have noticed them before. They are chocolaty, a deep, warm brown.

"He is not my boyfriend," I sigh; I am not lying. Besides, the less Mattheo knows about my weaknesses, the better. I don't want him to use Theo against me.

"Like I give a fuck, just don't tell anyone, or it will be my problem." I nod in answer; I feel I am not welcome with questions right now. Silence takes over the hallway, and I gulp, not knowing what to say. I mean, he was the one forcing me out here, and now he can't even say something?