Fourteen (edited)

"Wondering if I dodged a bullet or just lost the love of my life"

M A T T H E O

Her green eyes stared at me during potions class, and I smirked at myself, following the recipe in the book, knowing her eyes were locked on me. I'm not the only one who notices her sudden interest in me; both Nott and Malfoy stare between us as Snape finishes talking to the class about the potion I am almost done with. If I could, this would be an excellent opportunity for me to read her mind, to find out what she is thinking about while staring at me with those green eyes. But I can't; I can read anyone but hers.

I first thought it was because she was a death eater, but then I read Dracos about Theo's engagement. I catch her gaze as I switch my attention from the boys to her, and she looks away the moment our eyes meet. I know I had power over people, but Rosie Black was usually not the one to look at me. I look over to Theo, who's glaring at me while he is tightening his jaws. It's cute, him reacting this way because of a girl. I grin for myself. He is jealous, and god, do I see an opportunity to play with him. I smirked before returning my attention to the books and finishing the last detail that would make my potions excellent.

When the class is over, I want the girl to leave the classroom before grabbing her hand and seeing an opportunity for us to talk. Nott's sudden interest was not a part of my plan, but I enjoyed it. It means I already have the control I am longing for.

"What?" She looks at me, confused, and I can't help but grin. She is confused or maybe annoyed because she expects me to tell her something about the task. If there's something I have learned about this girl, it is that the task is the last thing she would prefer doing right now. It doesn't bring her happiness, nor does she enjoy spending her nights with me. But she doesn't have a choice, and neither do I.

"Meet me outside the castle tonight," her eyes meet mine, and I try to keep them there. I may not like Rosie, but she is a teenage girl. Not only that, but she is a beautiful girl. Her black hair gives her a challenging, powerful look together with her green eyes and perfect cherry lips. Her body looks perfectly shaped and fits in her short skirt and tight shirt. It's impossible not to look when she is walking by.

"Why would-" I interrupt her by touching her cheek with my hand. A shiver goes through her body as I do. She looks shocked, maybe lost for words. I enjoy every single part of it.

"You see your ex-boyfriend over there?" She nods but doesn't look at him. So she knew we had a crowd watching us. Yet she didnt push me away.

"He is jealous, and I like having control over him. You are coming with me tonight,"

"Do you want to make him jealous by using me?" She smirks, and I roll my eyes. I dont want her to think she has control over this. She doesn't; she never will. I began regretting my choice and took a step back but then decided to stay strong with what I was doing.

"Dont overthink it, Black. You know I dont like that guy," she smiles, not a friendly smile. But it's still something I am not used to seeing regarding our relationship. We never share smiles, a smirk at the most.

"Yeah, you dont like anyone here. Do you even like... anyone?" I can't help but grin; she is playing with me. Of course, I dont like anyone. What would I find likeable or interesting in people here?

"I dont need to like people, I already have my power. Pretending to like someone won't give me something I dont already have."

"Yeah, right. So? You want to make my boyfriend jealous?" She knows damn well what she just said because I can see the regret in her eyes as she sucks in her lips and sucks in a deep breath.