Eleven (edited)

I like shiny things, but I'd marry you with paper rings

September 20th

"Have you ever done this before?" Mattheo stares out of the tower as we work on our task late one night.

"Killed a minister? Yes, I killed some when I was ten." He grins, and I stare at him in shock trying to read his face. Was that supposed to be some kind of joke?

"I am joking with you, Black." I send him a simple death stare before looking away, feeling childish for not realising the joke. "I know."

"Hmm, yeah? You looked a bit scared." The grin on his lips won't leave, and I begin to think of ways to push him off of the tower without getting Azkaban in my face.

"How many times do I have to tell you. I am not scared of you,"

"And I am in love with Malfoy," A shocked expression takes place on my face, and I stare at him for a minute. Excuse me now?

"You seriously can't take sarcasm, can you?" He sighs, shaking his head but I notice the slight smile on his face as he stares at the stars.

"Everyone here is in love with him. Maybe you fell for his charm?" His original glare replaces the smile and I realise I am joking around with someone who could so quickly kill me if I take it too far.

"Yeah, I am not into boys." I wait for him to show any emotions, but no. He is still stone-cold. I wonder if he ever displayed any feelings. Did he ever cry as a kid when he fell and hit his knees? Was he ever allowed to show any feelings or would it put him in even more pain?

"Are you even into something? Like is that possible?" The words slip out of my mouth, and he stares at me. Not sad, not angry, but calm.

"I am not a robot. Of course, I am into stuff." I only nod in response, and I lean my head against the cold wall behind me. The night sky is more apparent than usual, and I can't help but smile seeing the stars Draco and I named with our mothers back when we were younger.

"Have you heard something from him?" Mattheo looks at me, his brown eyes looking dark in this lightning. I catch him gaze, promising myself not to break it in fear this time.

"No, we usually dont... talk."

"Oh, I am sorry." I know the feeling of having a father who doesn't see or treat you as his child anymore. Power is more important than family in our lives, and we don't let anything or anyone come between us.

"What about your mother?" The usual tension between us is long gone; the stars are shining, and the full moon is brighter than ever before.

"I dont know much about her. My father killed her after she gave birth to me. He got what he wanted. A son, an heir in case stuff didnt go his way. She was useless and would only put him in dangerous situations in case she leaked his plans." I stare at him in shock. I have never heard anything about his mother before. When I think about it, there is not much I know about the Riddle family whatsoever.

"I am sorry; I didnt know that." He laughs before his eyes meet mine. I gulp, not knowing if he is annoyed at my questions or maybe even appreciates the way someone cares.

"Of course you didnt. No one knows. Everyone thinks she is alive and lives in a small house in France." For once, I can see the emotions in his eyes. He is not sad but confused, and I think he doesn't know what to feel. I dont think he knows what he is feeling himself or how to control it.

"Why?" He sighs.

"Maybe he wanted people to", I interrupt him before he has the chance to continue.