Six (edited)

I'm a mess, but I'm the mess you wanted

"Rosie, wake up." I dont think I will ever get used to or love my best friend waking me up every morning. Don't get me wrong, Iris is adorable in every single way, a bit of a bitch, but I genuinely love her. But when you decide to wake me up earlier than my alarm, we will have a problem. I throw my pillow at her, annoyed for once, and she chuckles at my response.

"Shut up, I am sleeping." Her laugh spreads the room, and I can't help but smile a little; I am not supposed to smile this early. It breaks my image.

"I can see that," this time, she pulls my blanket away, and my smile immediately fades and takes place with an annoyed face.

"Come on, tell me about the dinner. Was it bad? Is that why you are so grumpy?" After a few seconds, I sit up in the shockingly comfortable bed I have hated all these years.

"Dinner?" her words confused me, probably because I did not know what she was talking about. I mean, I did have dinner with Cissy and Draco last night, but I don't know how she would- Fuck.

"Oh yeah, the dinner. It was fine, a bit boring seeing my father again. But it was just fine." She nods, smiling a little, and I thank god my friend has no intention not to trust me. I feel horrible for lying to her; she is my best friend, but Iris is the last person who can find out about all of this. It would mean danger in only a second if Voldemort found out she was essential to me. Her gaze fell over my fully clothed body, and the smile she had worn before faded, and a confused face took place.

"Why do you have a sweater on? You just woke up," she asks, and I feel my heart beating faster. I remember putting it on for this exact reason last night before going to bed. If this had happened and she had seen my mark while I was asleep, it would be over for me. But even though I was smart enough to wear a sweater, I had, in fact, not been smart enough to come up with a lie about why I was wearing it.

"I was freezing and tired last night. It's almost winter, and even though my bed was a bit warmer, I had no energy to take it off." She still looks confused but nods a little.

"It's September, but we can fix the temperatures in the room if you want to?" She smiles, and I only fake a smile, feeling the anxiety take over my body. It's for the best, I try to tell myself, but lying to her would be way more complicated than I thought. Seeing as we share a dorm.

"Good morning, friends," Draco walks into our dorm with a smile before jumping onto my bed, and I thank god for being able to pull my legs away before he jumps on the place they just lie on. Why is he this happy after everything that has been happening this weekend?

"Why so happy, Malfoy?" Iris beats me in the question, and she looks annoyed by his happiness. I know it's an act; everyone here would rather see Draco happy than mad and grumpy.

"Can I not be happy for once, Davis?" Draco grins, and Iris only rolls her eyes in response. Oh, I love and know how this will end.

"Draco, I swear to god if you tell them what I-" Theo runs into the room, staring at us all in shock as he stops by the door, catching his breath. "Uh, hey?" He scratches his neck, looking nervously at me.

"Hey," a small smile spreads my lips. I haven't seen him in two days, but it feels longer. I have missed him a lot more than I should.

"Tell us what, Nott? Do you have a little secret, Notty pop?" Iris smiles for herself, and I notice the red shade on Theo's face as he shares a look with Draco. Is that him blushing? Oh my god.

"What is it?" I ask, not knowing why I do, but the words slip into my mouth before I can stop my curiosity. Draco only smiles at me, but it turns into a grin very quickly, and I can't help but feel even more confused. What is going on?