Five (edited)

Snakes and stones never broke my bones.

The following day, I felt differently. I woke up, and my body was shaking with nerves; my head was aching like never before, and I felt no motivation to keep up with what I was doing. I wanted to end it all before it even began.

"Rosie, we have to leave. Are you ready?" Draco walks into my dorm; he looks nervous, but when he sees me with tears in my eyes, it's like he drops everything he carries and holds me.

"Rosie-" he pulls me into a warm hug, holding me like he won't ever let me go, and I somewhere feel like I would rather die like this than in the hands of evilness.

"I won't leave you for a second, OK? I will be there, your father will be there." I pull away, staring at him before shaking my head. I know he is doing his best to support me, but if there is something that will not make me feel any better, it is my father. It's his fault I am even here.

"My father's appearance will not make me feel any safer," he looks down before giving me a sad smile.

"I am sorry," I shake my head; I don't like it when people feel sorry for me, especially since the one thing I will hear today is people talking about my dead mother.

"We have to go," his eyes are filled with pain, and my heart sinks. I am nervous and scared to death but also worried about my best friend. He has always been a strong boy, probably because of his father and power. People have respected Draco for as long as I can remember, and even though I know he is the most brilliant and unique boy, people will never see him for what he is. This thing will only make it worse if people find out. It's not easy being a Malfoy, but Draco never complained; he wore it like any other name. As we arrived at the Malfoy manor, my heart sank; it was not the same familiar aura as before. It's different, it's dark.

"Rosie, my dear," Narcissa is first to pull me into a hug and strokes her hand over my hair with a smile on her face. Home is the word I can use to describe how hugging Narcissa feels again.

"Did you get here safely? No one saw you leave, I hope?" Draco only nods before hugging his mother and kissing her cheek, making her smile proudly. My best friend is such a mommy's boy. God forbid someone says it to his face, though.

"Everything went fine, Mother."

"Oh, Rosie, your father is in the dining room. He has been waiting for you." Narcissa wears a friendly smile on her lips, but deep down, I know she knows what's going on with my father. I smiled fakely before walking into the room and seeing my father sitting on a chair.

"Rosie, darling." My father stands up, walking over to me with a proud smile. I dont get how he can look so happy and proud when his sixteen-year-old daughter loses her freedom today. 

"How is everything?" he hugs me. It doesn't feel like a friendly, comfortable father-daughter hug. I feel like it is forced and a way for him to prove that he is an excellent father to everyone else around. I know Narcissa has Hawkeyes on him; he has to prove stuff to her, or she will take me away in a second.

"It's fine," he lets go of me, stroking my cheek with his hand, and I stare at the wall instead of meeting his gaze.

"I am so proud of you, death eater, at sixteen. You really are your mother's daughter." I solidified as he brought her up. My mother was far from a death eater, she would never pick the dark over something so easy and beautiful as the humans in this world. She was a hero, not a villain.

"Don't talk about her like that," I snap back, bringing my body away from his grip, and he walks back to his seat without responding or acknowledging my pain. This is the way it's going to be from now on, I have a feeling nothing will change.