Two (edited)

"You've got a smile that could light up this whole world."

"Oh, he is seeing someone, Iris. I fucking knew it." I stumbled into our dorm; it was clean for once, which wasn't normal for us two. There are two beds, one with my blonde friend on it and one on the other side of the room waiting for me to lay down on it.

"What are you talking about?" She wears a confused face, now sitting up on her bed, watching me pace over the floor. My mind is repeating my short conversation with Theo, his words about a special someone and how everything would have ended perfectly well if Draco hadn't interrupted us.

"Theo, he told me." confused, she stares at me, not saying a word, only sighing, pointing at the bed beside her. I jump down, leaning against the hard wall behind me before sighing deeply.

"He was thinking about someone this whole summer. Of course, the idiot himself would interrupt us before Theo had the chance to tell me more," she sighed, shaking her head like the dumbest person on earth. Which I am not; I find myself very smart.

"And how do we know he wasn't talking about you?" She asks me with a smile on her lips, the kind of smile that makes my stress go away in a second. Iris and I have been friends since our first year here at Hogwarts. During the first few weeks, she was too scared to talk to me because she thought I was as rude as Draco. But then we had a project together and have been best friends ever since. Our relationship is unique; I would never let her go for a shit in this world. She is my everything.

"Iris, he wouldn't-"

"Are you fucking stupid woman? Have you ever seen his face when he looks at you? How his eyes scream, "Marry me!" She chuckles, and I smile, staring down at my legs, blushing a little.

"You think so?" She only nods, and I feel relief in my chest. Hear me out. I'm an excellent overthinker. And sometimes, when your head goes somewhere else, you just need confirmation from someone close to you.

"Yes, Rosie, I have watched you two fall in love for years. It's like a book with no ending. And besides, who in their right mind wouldn't love you?" I only look away as a smile takes place on my lips.

"If I am wrong, you can always try the new guy." I snorted. Mattheo Riddle is the last guy I would go to. Not even if we were the last people on earth.

"As if, have you ever seen him? He is horrible, Iris," I didnt even have an honest conversation with him, and he is already the worst person I have ever met. Every synonym for horrible, and you would find Mattheo Riddle on the list.

"But he is hot?" I roll my eyes. He isn't ugly, but he is far from my type. Besides, he is a danger, and I'm already in enough trouble.

"Everything is not about the looks, Iris." I dont think I could ever date someone for their looks. I mean, what if they were boring? Or did we have no connection whatsoever? No, never. I'd rather stay single for the rest of my life.

"Says the one girl flirting with the hottest guy in school," the red shade immediately takes place on my cheeks again. Hearing her talk about Theo that way makes my body react differently in a dangerous path.

"He is more than that. He is my best friend." I sigh, and she gives me a strange look. She almost looks a bit mad, and I smirk.

"After you, of course." We both laugh, and I lean against the wall, smiling. I am fucking happy to be back here.

"Hey?" A familiar voice says from the door, and my heart begins to rush. Theo stands with a slight smile, and I panic, thinking of what he could have heard.