Eight- (edited)

You are the best thing that's ever been mine.

The next thing I know, it's later, and I wake up in my bed in a dark room. Usually, when I wake up, birds are singing around the castle, and I groan, realising it's probably not close to morning.  I stare at the clock: nine o'clock. Fuck. The memories flash over me as I realise where I should be. I shouldn't be in my bed. I should be with Theo. I jump out of bed, grab a hoodie before fixing my hair, and run off to Theo's dorm, hoping he is still awake yet not waiting for me.

"Where have you been?" He looks at me, confused, as I open the door. His eyes inspect my body before meeting my eyes, and he seems slightly disappointed. God damn it.

"I fell asleep. I'm sorry." I know it's not the answer he wanted. I mean, who falls asleep when they should spend the night with their... Yeah. His disappointment fades and is replaced with a smile, and I feel relief taking over my body.

"At least you are here now," I look around the clean room. No clothes were on the floor, and lots of quidditch was hanging around. This is just what I expect from Theo. He isn't the typical dirty boy who messes around; he is clean, and I think he loves having his surroundings clean and structured. He smiles at me as I jump down on the bed.

"How was practice?" I ask, smiling at him, waiting for his eyes to light up as he tells me about his favourite thing in the world.

"I dont know. Adrian is so strict, you know? I wish I were the captain. It would be more fun that way." I nod slowly. I know it's Theo's dream, and he would be a fantastic captain. But it's also a full-time job. It's a full-time job I'm not sure he can handle right now.

"It would be a lot of work," a grin spreads on his lips, and I frown a little, not knowing what he is thinking about. Sometimes, he is hard to read, and I want to ask him everything about his mind. God, I wish I was a mind reader.

"I would have an excuse to avoid you and Iris," I can't help but chuckle; I know his words aren't true. He loves spending time with us. We're a group who belong together. And even though Iris is my best friend, I know he has a soft spot for the blonde girl himself. I mean, who wouldn't? She is truly unique.

"Shut up, you love handing with us." He only smiles at me, sitting beside me, and I once again try to figure out what's on his mind. Weird.

"Correction, I love hanging out with you. Iris is just my friend." I frown, staring at him. I mean, I know we are way more than friends at this point, but who can blame me for reacting differently when it comes from his mouth?

"Oh, and I am what?" I tease him, liking the playful tension around us at this point. It's different with Theo. He knows me. He knows what to say. He leans closer to me, playing with the string of my hair that falls over my eyes.

"Much more than that," I smile, feeling something change inside me. I don't like losing control, but around him, I'd do it a thousand times over. Iris was right. He wants something with me.

"Theo, I'm ready." He stops and stares at me, confused. His eyes fall between my eyes and lips. His little frown tells me he has no idea what I'm talking about.

"Ready for what?" I gulp, staring down at my fingers, but he lifts my chin up with his thumb. Making me meet his gaze.

"Giving us a chance," his eyes light up like a child on Christmas. And I want to say that this is one of the easiest things to say. But the truth is, it terrifies me. What if I ruin everything by doing this? What if I'm not ready, and I'll end up hurting him?

"Really?" Come on, Rosie, this is what you want. If there is one boy in this world that I would sacrifice my heart for, it's him. I nod, smiling. Seeing him react like this means I did the right thing. I dont think he would hurt me or let me go when we have known each other for this long. The last thing I am scared about is me ending up injured. He is the one I'm afraid of. I am terrified of myself.