Chapter 4

Circumstance

Three days passed just like, like a schedule they do to passed times. The three of them play, eat, sleep, visits different places, and/or just locking themselves in their room. It will take ten days to reach their destination, which means that they will be spending seven more days inside the same place.

Its not boring however, as they spend time, it may be in repeat, but they go further than so. Like playing, they select different games while in food, they try other dishes from different place and traditions. Meanwhile for the tour, they slowly adapting and socializing to others in same class, mainly the wife as the husband is an introvert one.

The repeating days however came to a stop, as they'll face a circumstance.

On the usual walk to the cabin, the talk of prestige class has been spread among the passenger. Pearla, the adopted mother, however known it as they personally meet them the same day they arrive, first one to do so. Others are curious too and desperate to meet them. Prestige class are something even first class cannot see much more touch from all aspect as they are great in all of them. So seeing one is a miracle and blessing, but not for the doting mother.

Passing all by the gossiper of the dinning room, the mother and son are holding hands when they live.

Despite leaving the noisy chattering of this so called member of prestige class, it never leave leave them as everywhere they go there are always prestige that, prestige there. It irritate lady for days now but soon, after two days, she finally give in. Thought she still want to escape those gossiping one to live more peaceful.

Walking outside the first class dinning cabin, she pull his hand gently to the second class- to find another passed time. They often do so, and she also want to find a kid his age, a proper one to play with. First class don't have much as they are only few of them aboard this time. Less than ten to be exact, and a teenager is only kid to be considered as child but too old for her adopted child. She spend two days at the first class, now she'll starts to investigate the second.

On the way, however, the train abruptly stop sending the two on the ground. Surprise from what happened, her facial expressions turn irritated. It soon dissolve when she realized her child is with her. Her eyes immediately scan as to where, he is lying much far from her, light that send him flew away and experienced more than she did. She immediately stand to assist him as he sat. Confusion clearly paint in his face.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" She continue asked not realizing she repeat the same words over again while searching for any bruise or injury in his body. Too panic from what happened, and too worried.

He shook his head saying his okay and he didn't get hurt. She sigh in relief and her mind then becoming more rational. She then think, 'what happened?' Busy sorting her mind, another noise occur this a loud banging noise.

She flinch in surprise and her eyes widen, her mind form something as to why they stop. Her body slightly shook from her thoughts. A hand however snap her back to reality, she flinch from the touch but soon her clouded mind and eyes return to the smile loving one. She smile witnessing the worried look in his eyes. She got herself then and suppress the feeling of fear that forming in her heart. Instead she stood up planning to leave this place, they need to leave and go back to her husband as soon as possible, her sense said so.

Pulling him up, she drag him back hurriedly to their cabin but...

Boom!!

Crash!

Kiiihhhh... thud!

A large explosion and sound of crashing echoes, sending the still train tilt slowly on the other side but it didn't fall as it slowly return to normal. They, again however, stumble down on the floor, this time she hug him before they fell.

The explosion continue and it keeps coming in their direction. Grabbing his hand hard to stand, they run away the sound. Unfortunately, in front them, the steal wall of the train was pierced by a sharp blade like tentacle. They immediately stop. It then slowly force to open the wall, the mother seen it gulping the fear and looked left and right where to go.

The kid in her hand though watching the hand like blade in shape of triangle opening the wall in calm demour without her noticing. Shifting his eyes elsewhere, this time outside the window, he seen that this tentacle like monster is connected in a larger one outside. Red light glowing at the center of its huge body, and other hands buried at the ground and other parts of the train. What catch his eye however than the monstrous thing is the same figure he saw two days came running with something in hands. He run on top of the train with a dual blade, larger than a knife but shorter than a sword.

With a fast run, he immediately came face to face with the thing and without further ado jump confronting it. Noticing his presence, that thing turn its revolving face to him and attacking it with the remaining hands in the ground. Three hands attack but he cut the two while dodging the third. Without any obstacle, he run straight stabbing the red glowing thing at the  center of its head.

Its hands that launching an incoming attack behind him immediately stop and fall the ground, so was the hands that forcefully opening the train in front them. As the thing starts to fall, he jump backward pulling his daggers out the thing and landing exactly up the cabin they in.

He didn't know what happened next as his adapter mother pulled him away witnessing the hand stop from moving.

All passenger gather in one place, there, they stay at the third class with others with the train personnel told them so. All people are all curl in fear not knowing if it ended and/or something will happen again. Despite the heavy situation, they are silent.

Time passed, and the father figure joins them. Hugging both figure quickly. His body faintly tremble as he did. He's scared, losing them.

It took them long time to calm down. And during those time, the child between the couple have time to think pf something.

The red glowing orb that looks like its eye, as if it stare at him before its attention has been stolen...