Chapter 8

House

Hours later, the train finally stop. Stepping out the train, this time, was the Maharlika family. One male with boasting aura of authority around him, a gorgeous lady beside him with a radiant smile, and finally a timid yet cute kid at the center of the couple.

Looking shy for the first time, Philip has the feeling of wanting to hide behind the lady beside him. Clenching his two small hands and finally having the courage, he looks up but then immediately looks down, now clearly afraid. For the first time, he has something to be afraid off.

Before even stepping the train a minute ago, he sees someone outside the stopping train. A kid older than him a couple of years was staring at him, Philip on the other hand felt like he is glaring at him. Feeling unknown, the little child felt scared but bottle up his courage knowing that they need to step down soon. But the result turn different than he thought.

"Mar, stop your glaring. You're scaring him" the lady beside, who notice Philip's discomfort, warn her child with a smile but menacing aura.

The kid on the hand has this face of bewilderment plaster in his face just after hearing his mothers words and action. The bewilderment turn to complaining saying 'what did I do?'

"Haha!" The older male beside the so called Mar laugh from the sight. Its a rare sight to see his younger brother react like this. So was his mother. Though, he understand so he didn't stop his mother and will not stop her after going home knowing he'll scold him again. Not knowing he, too, will listen to this entire lecture of their mother.

"How did you know we're coming today?" Pearla hold Philip's hand to ease him which help and asked the two brothers who came to fench them. They were clearly delayed from the Chimera attack for half a day, so they'll missed them unless they wait from the schedule time until now.

The older answer, "that? We waited! Knowing our little sibling is finally here! So why not! Though Martial was the one who waited for entire half day cause I'm late! Hehe~"

A glare from Martial shot Del from behind, murmuring something. "Not like I like to be here..."

"Enough" Kati voiced out. The conversation died down then and so they moved to their vehicle.

Katipunan, who has the sense of being emphatetic to Philip who suffer from long trip, cut the chit chat of the two talkative people in front. This is what he could do for the new member of the family, he felt. For now.

On the way home, they finally have the time to chat for what both party had missed.

Among the five individual inside the car, only two people are speaking like the other three doesn't exist. The three didn't complain because they are busy in their own thoughts. Kati minding his business, Martial looking outside through window, and the little sunshine sparkling from the scenery he is contemplating.

Pearla was asking Del Pilar for anything unusual within the days they were absent. Which in return Del would answer truthful while some not. Especially the ones that he made. Some times, he'll blame Martial for some, earning glares from the one across him.

"Mom, you sure he's not a girl? He's pretty to be one" the curiosity finally take over Del.

Hearing it, Pearla's mood that's stressful from hearin the trouble both her sons did, as always, turn to positivity: excitement, delightful, joyful, and eagerness. "Yes! You think so too! You know, he's so pretty and cute when I dress him in dress!"

"I didn't asked, mom. Mom? Mom~?" The eldest child then regret it. He forgot that his mother turn to chatter box when it comes to daughter kind of topic. He regretted it so much that he listen to his mother's chatters the whole trip that he almost cover his ears and wanted to cry.

Thankfully, the three was so indulge within in newspapers, own mind, and outside that they didn't hear Del's complains.

Arriving at the entrance, the car stop to a huge mansion at the center of large area filled with small hills covered in yellow-green grasses.

Garden are from left to right, and tall trees scatter around. Trees that are different species from each other. They stand in different location with distance in between them but in no pattern at all. Its strange but unique sight.

Some trees have its swing at their branches too, perfect for children to play with. Not for both sons of the couple however, the one who's obsessed with training and almost living at the training ground like that is his room, and the other one who playing around everywhere that its common to see him not at the mansion. Both have different personalities but they have the same number troubles they cause.

Moving to the mansion itself. It has a tall structure, around 7 floors divided by high ceilings. Many rooms inside that almost all kind of room existed inside. There's even a greenhouse at the last floor, taken cared by the Queen of the house, Pearla.

The huge mansion are divided, too, in 7 locations like the floors. Each locations had different restrictions but identically like a mirror. If area 1 have library then so was area 7, kind of set up. And the 4th being the center of the mansion is only exception, a small sized ballroom for any celebration of the house.

Outside this mansion, workers lined up on the way starting from the outside to the inside. With the highest position as the first to greet them followed by the latter according to their position in the house.

Bowing, they, all workers outside, greet the Maharlika Family's return with words "welcome back, masters." With Katipunan's hand raised, the butler first rised followed by others. The family too, then moved inside.

Pearla holding Philip's hand, they followed Katipunan who firstly steps, going inside. The brothers at the back followed the mother and son, then the butler and others accordingly.

New room presented to Philip. This time, its 3 times larger than the last room he used. So large that he can't fill it with anything he could. The butler lead Pearla and Philip together in his new room, Katipunan gone to his office for urgent matters, the brothers followed going somewhere unknown.

It's nearly lunch time when they arrive, even so, Pearla left Philip to rest knowing its been long trip and the first time he experienced such. Yawning, the energy within Philip's tiny body finally all used up as he lay carefully in bed, tired.

With a frown in his little face, he rolled over until he fall the bed. He didn't get hurt or anything, instead, feeling comfortable, he pull the blanket enough to cover his body. Immediately, his tired body caught up with sleep as the drowsiness enveloped him and putting him to a good sleep.