Chapter 11

Punishment

At a four-corner table occupied only by four heads, are eating quietly. The head seat, both left and right, are equally occupied with the same number of two. The brothers were on one side while Pearla and little Philip sat on the other.

Now and then, the only female of the group wipes the youngest's mouth which is continually stained by the food he consumes.

Gentle as the mother wipes it, smiling and scolding the little bun while looking at him lovingly. Like a new completely different place full of spring and flowers blooming around the two individuals.

On the other side of the table, however, it's completely fall turning to winter. Since earlier, the oldest existence has been completely ignored with such loving mother that he long remembers.

'Since when does mother been this cold to me?'

He questions his life and stiffly scoop his meal.

The younger brother beside ate his meal unaffected with the cold war. Same goes for the father. Both know the consequences of offending their only female of the house, yet the seemingly stupid brother/son offended her like he never knows his mother who bare grudge for every little mistake and offenses. That is Pearla. That is their Pearla.

If Kati, the father, is the deadpan strict looking alpha outside the house but truthfully a loving husband and disciplinary soldier with his children without mercy inside.

Martial who looks exactly like his father and same behavior all the time. Wherever he is, he is someone who takes good care and cherish the whole family more than any one of the family and anything else.

Ans Del is the outgoing, social butterfly both inside and outside the family. He is only smart outside that every time he is with one of the members of the family, his IQ drops significantly. Like a fool dog wagging its tail seeing its owner which makes people smack their heads for Del's family's stead and shake their head. That's why people address him as 'somewhat stupid' because he is stupid which naturally smart. Knowing how capable alpha genes are, but he is another person when he met his blood. And it's not a secret kept to anyone.

The dinner ended with a weird atmosphere.

Pearla sent Philip with the maid Baguio to firstly retire for today.

The father, intended to leave next after, changed his mind after the female lover spoke.

"Sit, I'll discuss something first."

So, the intention of leaving left abandoned, no way to run, Katipunan and Martial admits their fate.

Pearla wipes her mouth gently in gracious manner. The way she does so, seemingly slow motion in the eyes of others especially to one specific someone, Del Pilar.

Gulping his nervousness to calm down but failing to do so.

The longer the female don't speak, the more intense the surroundings get. But it didn't take anymore longer as her sweet voice spoke in a cold manner.

"Del Pilar, you're going back to the academy the day after tomorrow..."

She paused seemingly mistaken of her words which made Del sigh of relief.

'there's no way mother is this cruel.'

Martial had already predicted what his older brother just thinking, and he refute it with his own opinion which he can't voice out, so he just sighs in disbelief.

Martial, 'what an idiot you are.'

After thinking thoroughly. The mother firmly says, "no, my mistake. It's not day after tomorrow but tomorrow. Leave tomorrow, the earlier the better."