Chapter 9

Speak

That night, when the little rabbit sleeping at the floor of his new room, the family has gathered few hours later to discuss something. Within a long table, four tables are occupied mainly the head's sit, the right and two seat from the left.

The head of the house raised his right hand ordering all servant to get out. They oblige immediately while other maids clear the table from the four who ate earlier, fast and efficiently.

In less than five minutes, all servant are no where to be found and only the main four remains staring each other for a while now. Yet, no one open their mouth to begin.

The smiling lady at the right starts to speak observing no one willing to speak.

"Clearly its about our new member of the family, Philippines."

All eyes gone to her, she made no eye contact to any of them only staring at the delicious looking desserts and pastries at the center of the table.

It reminds her of little Philip, the expression he made when he first taste the dessert she got for him as gift for their first meeting. She gave it to the little one half way the hotel they will be staying for a while only because she's too shocked inside how they take care of him.

The little kid's appearance is messy, long hard looking hair obviously never cut even once, and smaller than most omega should be. Aside from the so-so and uncomfortable clothes they made him wear which both couples notice from how frequent Philip scratch his skin in different part of his body, there's also the not visible skinny hands hide under those garments.

Knowing little Philip is an omega, the seems not skinny is equal to malnutrition of the same age of beta. Omega are known as weak in both mental and physical aspects and it need not to be skinny to tell an omega is getting the nutrients their body needs properly. Thus, he might collapse anytime from the lack of nutrients and Pearla know the lite kid don't get enough nutrients he needed. Pearla herself cannot walk in hundred meters without break. That's how weak an omega are.

Her masked mood of smile finally going down just thinking about it. It changed to a gloomy one with a bitter expression. She then looked at her husband.

He meet her gaze without fail and understand what she mean. She want to protect the little one. And he is the one who can do it best from the family.

Nodding, his serious expression turn more into one as he about to open his mouth when...

"He's so tiny, small, quiet, skinny and so very shy!!"

A loud voice interrupt. It belong none other than the eldest son, Del Pilar Maharlika.

Martial at his side only rolled his eyes from his siblings action and lean at the back of his chair before butting in.

"He don't speak well I seen."

The sullen mother immediately looked dumbfounded. Yes, no one can opposed an Alpha other than another Alpha. But not in this family because there's three individuals who can suppress one, and that number will surely increase by one.

She giggling gaining some positivity.

'This is my family, of course!'

She look proud thinking about it while giggling away.

The father figure glare at his sons in their seats from being cut off. He feel upset knowing he don't speak well and plucking his courage to do the initiative only to shut him down with his troublemakers children. Its so rare, aside from communication in Alpha matter (because they could understand each other more than other genders), that he speak less than a short sentence.