Chapter 14

Mark

Whistling sounds echo from the air, as cold winter proceeds to envelop the land in white, a faint cry of someone can be heard. A large single building stood on top of a hill, the only contrast in the view, was the source of the fainting cries.

One of the rooms, cornered, isolated; it stood out, being worn out, on the verge of collapse, just too old. As one could know, it is common to say such a place isn't suitable for anyone to live in. However, that common must be misunderstood. If so, then why would a fragile child be living in such a room, with barely anything inside but a candle titling its fire out, a single broken chair, and hay in a corner?

Looking at it, it goes without saying, this is where that little boy in the other corner's bedroom is. It needs no introduction to who this little boy is... but Philip when he was a little younger. He sits in the corner, clasping his hands together, desperately stopping himself from crying.

His cries forcefully buried went to sniffs later on...

He cries when he needs attention. Crying is a normal action for children to do... but for him, when he cries, he gets the attention he wants even for a little bit. At least for that moment, they will come to their aid even in a wrong way he could not understand.

His small cries, if someone hears, they will scold him. But he is okay with that, at least there's someone who will accompany him for a little time... He may not understand all the way they treated him, but he knows one thing... being lonely is scary. Being alone in a room is much scarier than beating and insults, curses, or hunger. He fears being alone.

Lately, however, no matter how much he cries, no one comes. He cries and cries, and cries more but his throat goes soar, his tears drying, and his heart a little heavy. No matter what he does, he just can't understand anything but one, he doesn't like it... He hates it here.... But... he doesn't know that... he did not learn to understand feelings. He is not taught to feel but left alone in a tiny corner to be 'alive.'

There were times when sudden tears dropped, but that soon stopped. He began to adapt. Adapt the familiarity but not the feeling. But there are chances he will one day break down like this without any reason, just some old 'familiarity' which slowly fading too. Like before, he has a candle for warmth, a bed to sleep in, and a corner to lean on so why...? Why is he like this again?

This event looked familiar as he saw a child in a cornered street, crying with a teddy bear in one hand. But unlike him before, the child he saw wore far more luxurious than he did. The corners he leans on are far cleaner and the streets are livelier than those his eyes saw.

He didn't know anything, but he tried. Little Philip walks to where the child is, as he approaches, a figure comes from one side making him stop. The crying kid paused for a moment to look at the woman who approached then suddenly burst out crying much more again. The woman carries the kid hurriedly, without forgetting to hush them down, and quickly disappears.

Looking at what had happened, he looked at the corner where he saw the kid first before glancing at the way both mother and son had gone. A puzzling expression was carved on his little face. It is unknown what the little omega is thinking. He looks at his tiny bare hands and then clasps them again. The image of the mother hugging the kid flashes in his mind stopping him from playing with his hands.

The thought was soon interrupted when a voice somewhere called...

"Are you okay?"

*

Martial pressed the end button after the call. He then continues to search for Philip.

During his call with his dad, fighting some chimera, he mentions losing Philip. He gains a frown and an obvious lesson after this from his father. Katipunan mentions not telling Pearla but informing Del about the situation. It is obvious why they need not inform Pearla about the situation first, for the family at least. But Martial knows their dad will tell the incident later, not at this very critical moment. So, he was ordered to continue searching alongside Del, securing every route people might be escaping from hoping the little one was there. And they will not stop until they find him.