Making Connections.

Author's note: This chapter is written differently from all the other chapters. It will be following both Alicia and Chase at the same time. In other words I'll be 'head-hopping' Why? Because I wanted to share what's going on in both characters' head as they experience similar yet different situations. I'll put a * when there's a change.

P.S. tell me if it just too confusing and I'll re-write the chapter.

Enjoy- <3Niecey

Chapter 10

All Rights Reserved. © Shanice Kelly

It was unusual; seeing my co-workers in such a setting: playing beer pong and doing body shots, especially when earlier in the day, these where the same people who were immaculately dress in their suits, working diligently.

"Sorry" a man slurred as he accidentally bumped into me, in attempt to walk straight. A single glance, I recognized him to be the company's financial adviser.

He didn't stop to talk, instead he stumbled his way into the crowd that had gather in the center.

The music was too loud and there were sweaty bodies ever where. In that moment I realized that no amount of reality TV could have prepared her for this. This was also the moment that made me thankful that I had restrained myself from attending any party, as a student.

I could imagine, my wide-eyed freshmen self, stepping through the door, only to run out seconds later, out of fear of becoming fertilized from all the lascivious dry-humping that was happening around me.

I sighed. It was only half an hour into the party, but I wanted to go home,

This wasn't my scene. I knew that the moment Bridget invited me.

Then why did you agree? My subconscious asked. I already knew the answer, even though I didn't like acknowledging it.

Because I wanted to become more social. I wanted to be around my peers. I wanted a friend, now that Derrick was my boyfriend. I wanted someone I could talk to the way I use to talk to him.

A commotion made my eyes travel to the center of where people were scrambling to help the birthday boy to his feet, after he fell of a table.

I had met Phillip earlier. He was the one to welcome me, at the entrance. The way he spoke and the way he held held himself made me note that he was quite an intelligent man.

Even though that was currently hard to believe as he manage to stand before tripping over his own feet and plummeting to the floor again.

I looked away, completely embarrassed for him, and brought the cup in my hand to my lips.

I scrunched up my face in disgust as I took a sip of my coke. I hated the concoction but I was thirsty and my options were either coke, tequila or vodka and I was my own drive home.

My eyes made a round around the room and I couldn't help but wonder if people were acting so shamelessly wherever Chase was.

*

I had come to the conclusion that alcohol and the rich should not mix. Even the most proper man in the room had reverted back to the barbaric ways of our ancestors.

I knew Laurence was notorious for throwing wild parties but this one took the cake.

Laurence loved women and I was pretty sure that it was his love for women that had inspired the theme of the party.

I grimaced eyed a waitress as she walked by. I felt sorry for her. The tiny leather shorts and top she was wearing looked like it was preventing blood from flowing through her body, not to mention the deathtraps she had on her feet.