Making Memories

All Rights Reserved. © Shanice Kelly

Sleeping in and having a entire day for myself was an rare occurrence.

Therefore I couldn't help but think of what a cruel fate it was when the shrilling of my phone woke me.

I opened my eyes and glared at the offending device.

I knew something was up when Chase smiled his dazzling smile and told me to take the day off.

It was just too good to be true.

After all, the man did promise to make working for him hell.

It was probably him, calling to laugh at my optimism and naivety.

"Hello" I answered, putting an end to the obnoxious noise.

I was right, it was Chase but instead of laughing at me like I had expected, he said "I'm outside of your apartment" Then hung up, no introduction, no conclusion.

I stared at my phone for a second longer.

I must be hearing things because I could've sworn I heard him say he was outside of my apartment

As if sensing my thought, there was a loud knock on front door.

I groaned as I pulled myself out of bed and walked to the door.

I wretched it opened angrily and narrowed my eyes at the intruder. "What happen to take a day off and get some rest Ms. Petrova, oh that's not a request, it's an order"

He smiled broadly at my failed attempt to mimic his voice. "Oh it still stands, I just decided to take a day off myself, it's been a while since I had one"

For the first time since opening the door, I took in his appearance.

He wasn't in his usual suit attire, instead he was wearing a polo shirt, faded jeans and sneakers.

It was as if he had just stepped out of the pages of a men's magazine.

He looked utterly mouthwatering and sexy.

Completely opposite my attire which included bed hair, morning breath, pink nose from excessively blowing it, runny eyes and an over-sized t-shirt that barely covered my ass.

I sighed as I remembered, a confrontation too late, that it was eighty degrees when I got dress for bed last night.

Therefore I went with less is more approached. A decision I was currently regretting.

From his neck to the tip of his ear turned pink as he eyed my clothing or my lack of it was more appropriate.

My mind traveled to our conversation last night. I may not have been caught lying across his desk in lingerie but this was equally as mortifying.

Karma may be a bitch but I was sure Irony was her pimp.

Chase cleared his throat and averted his eyes but it was too late, the damage to my dignity was already done.

"Um... Sorry I-I" He stuttered '"I just thought that since..." He cleared his throat again as if it was going to help him form a coherent sentence.

I would have found him being flustered cute, if I wasn't pre-occupied by the sight of my nosy old neighbour peeping through her front door.

"Good Morning Mrs. Neil, how are doing today?" I called out, letting her know that I knew she was there.

She pushed the door wider open. "Oh, good morning Alicia, I'm doing just wonderful"