Making Assumptions

Chapter 2
All right reserved © Shanice Kelly

Injustice. That was the word that enter my head because it was unjust for any man to look so beautiful.

Yes beautiful. That was the only way to describe the man in front of me.

It was also unjust that just this man's presence could turn me into a quivering mess. It was unjust my traitorous body was filled with an emotion I was unaccustomed to: lust.

But what was most unjust was that fact that while I was having an internal monologue about my sudden affection for this stranger, said stranger gazed at me with disinterest before completely ignoring me.

I was suddenly angry. Not at him but myself. I was angry at how unprofessional my thought were. I was even angrier at myself for how strongly my body responded to him. It was completely unacceptable.

I looked at Mr. Charles Valois Jr. one more time. I took in his inherited amber eyes, the slight crook of his nose, his chiseled jaw line.

His brunette hair was not slicked back neatly like his father's; it looked like he got out of bed and ran his hand through it.

My eyes travelled to his chest where, he left the top two buttons of his shirt open, showing off the muscles underneath.

There was no doubt that this man was a work of art but he was my boss, I was his secretary and mixing business with pleasure was a sure way to get burn badly.

"Ms. Petrova?" Charles Valois Sr. said from beside me.

He was looking up at me expectantly, like he was waiting for my answer to a question that was unknown to me.

"I'm sorry Mr. Valois, could you repeat, I was--I was just..." I trailed because I had nothing and I was sure as hell wasn't going to say I was just daydreaming about all the wicked things I wanted to do to your son.

I don't think that would go down well.

Mr. Valois eyed me curiously, to which I averted my eyes and fought the embarrassing blush that was trying to color my cheeks.

Believe me, it was a full on WWE Raw showdown.

"I suggested that you join Charles in a meeting in fifteen minutes with some potential partners" he repeated, his eyes held mine, as if he was daring me to disagree with him.

I hid my displeasure behind a smile. "Sure Mr. Valois"

He clapped his hands together and return to the chair behind his desk. "Wonderful! Well I have some work to do, so Charles will escort you to your office"

He said nothing more as he began to read through the papers on his desk.

His son was already out the door so, I quickly picked up my bag and followed.

"Ms. Petrova?" Charles Valois Sr. called before I could leave.

I stopped and waited for him voice what was on his mind.

"My son knows nothing of our agreement and I rather keep it that way." He said, before returning to his work.

For a few seconds I eyed him with disbelief.

If this job wasn't difficult enough. How in the world did he expect me to accomplish this?

"You can leave now" he said without sparing me another glance.

I exited his office, closing the door with as much force as I could muster up.

I looked around expecting Mr. Valois Jr. to be standing outside the door, waiting for me. My eyes finally land on his back that was retreating down the hall.