Making another agreement.

Chapter 11
Not Edited. Please excuse any error.

All Rights Reserved (c) Shanice Kelly.

"You can not go in there" I heard Heather yelled from somewhere behind me but I ignore her as I walked determinedly to Charles Valois Sr.'s office.

I was angry and on a mission. No-one was going to make a fool of me and get away with it.

I push the two familiar mahogany doors open without knocking. I forgo pleasantry as my fiery gaze landed on the graying man in front of me. "Why am I here?"

Mr. Valois raised a brow. Before any other words were exchanged, Heather stumbled in looking flustered. "I'm so sorry Sir, I told Ms. Petrova that you were busy but she insisted on seeing you" She quickly said.

He quickly dismiss it, probably saving the poor woman from a heartache.

"It's fine Heather, Ms. Petrova and I have some matters to discuss anyway, could you please postpone my nine o'clock."

"Yes Sir" She said as she quickly made a beeline out the office.

If I wasn't so angry I would have found the entire thing comical.

Mr Valois's baritone voice brought my attention back to him. "Have a seat Ms. Petrova."

I shook my head no. " I rather not." The last time I heard those words I practically signed over my life to the devil. "Mr. Valois, I'm going to ask you again. Why am I here? And I don't want to here that I'm the most qualified for the job because I have a feeling that I'm not the only one you've told that."

He eyed me cautiously obviously contemplating his next move. He got up and slowing walked to the front of his desk before finally leaning against it, crossing his arms across his chest. "Then, tell me, what do you want to hear, Ms. Petrova?"

"The truth"

He sighed. His eyes pierced mine and he casually rest his thumb against his chin and his index finger against his upper lip. "My son needs a bride." He finally said.

It hurted. More than I expected it to.

I was prepared for the anger, the contempt; those I could handle. What I couldn't handle was the hurt I felt. It was like a baseball bat to the stomach.

I could feel the tears prick at my eyes, desperately wanting to fall. I felt so stupid. I honestly thought that maybe just maybe I had earned this position through hard work and determination.

No instead I was being used. I was just a pawn in someone's game. And the worst part was that I actually fell for it. I genuinely cared for Chase. I genuinely wanted him to succeed.

I glared at the man in front of me. "Why not tell me then?"

"Because I knew you wouldn't agree. You're not the type of person to and that is exactly why you are the most qualified. Along with looking out for my son, I need to protect my family's wealth."

The hurt I felt quickly turned back in to anger. "Do I get a choice? Does your son? What kind of man used two people for his selfish reasons?"

He met my anger with his own. However his demeanor remained the calm the only indication of how angry he actually was the change of his tone." Of course you have a choice, I am not holding you hostage here you can leave whenever you desire, just remember that violates our previous agreement and you will be leaving with whatever you came into this office with, including your parents' debt."

"As for my son every decision I make is for his well-being. I'm the kind of man that wants the best for his family and only the best."

"Mr. Valois, you violated our agreement, I agree to help your son become a great C.E.O. , you didn't say anything about marriage." I argued. "And how is forcing any random woman, you can get a hold of, onto your son the best thing for your family?"