31. My friends and your friends.

Rouen, France
Lando's POV
Saturday

'I'm literally waiting for you in the area of arrivals, how am I the one lost?'

'I'm literally waiting for you in the area of arrivals, how am I the one lost?'. I asked getting annoyed at the fact that I had had the same conversation with  Max for the last 20 minutes. He as well as  Connor, a friend of mine, had flown from England to spend the summer. 

'Well, then I don't see-oh! I found you'. He said rushing and then hang up. I let out a loud sigh annoyed at the situation and then look once again for Connor's red hair and a brunette guy next to him.

'Lando!'. I heard from behind and I spun to see Max quickly walking towards me and behind him with a normal pace, Connor, who was just laughing at the situation. 

'Where the fuck were you two? I was waiting for 30 minutes literally at the entrance where I told you we will meet'. I complain when the two were standing in front of me. 

Max rolled his eyes before saying.'Yeah, whatever. Now can we get out of this airport?'.

'Good to see you, Lando'. Connor said sarcastically and I rolled my eyes at him but then let out a laugh. After all, it wasn't his fault for Max's stupidity. 

'Come on, the rental car's this way'. I said once we were out of the busy airport.  We walked to the rental car that my family and I had rented for these weeks in France and that I had just retired from the agency, and helped the boys put their suitcases in the boot.

'So what are we doing first?'. Connor said excitedly. Max let out a groan and I chuckled at the sight of my friend almost falling asleep.

'I don't know about you but I have a date with a pillow '. He said closing his eyes and leaning on the window.

Connor let out a groan and I just continued driving enjoying the little bickering that was about to unleash. ' I told you to sleep on the plane, Fewtrell. Now, Lando, what are we doing today?'.

I shook my head before telling him the "schedule" for today. 'If you're not tired we can have breakfast all together. If not'. I said looking at Max.'The buffet is open until 11 AM'. It was 8 in the morning but I knew they had been up from 4 AM. 'If you want you can take a nap and then join us when we go for a little sightseeing, Oliver and Sav want to buy some things for the baby girl'. I said a smile spreading on my lips, still not believing that in some months I was about to become an uncle. That girl is going to learn karting when she starts walking. I'm telling you all.

'I'm going to join you guys for breakfast since I did sleep on the plane and went to bed early, not like the guy that's sleeping on the back'. He said and gave Max a pointed look.

'What did you do that you went to bed late, Fewtrell?'. I asked not taking my eyes off the road.

I noticed how he didn't answer and for a minute I thought he had already given in and finally slept, but then I heard Connor laughing next to me and as I looked through the mirror I could see Max's cheeks turning a slight shade of pink. Interesting.'You asked the wrong question Norris'. Connor said and I looked at him confused.'You should have asked who kept him up until that late in the night'. He said with a cheeky smile on his face.