Chapter 1

Hello everyone, 

I have changed the hero's name from 'Arjun' to 'Rishi' as I felt it is more suitable for the character. Hope you all like it . . .

Thank you 

It was a dark rainy midnight. Naina was tossing and turning on her bed trying to fall asleep but her mind was not allowing her to sleep peacefully. How could Naina sleep peacefully when her child was turning another year older today? Many years had passed after that hideous incident in Naina's life but the memories associated with it were not ready to leave her. Of course Naina had moved on after that chapter in her life. It was after that, Naina became a journalism and mass communication graduate, started working in a channel with a good reputation and with her hard earned money bought a small house for herself, her widowed mother and grandma.

Giving up easily, Naina opened her eyes leaving out a sigh and sat down on the chair beside her bed and gazed at her room which was now filled with gloom and silence. Slowly Naina stood up from the chair and looked up at the dark sky. Every year, on the day of her daughter's birthday, Naina couldn't sleep. Giving up her daughter was the wisest decision Naina could take at that time but the vague memories of her tiny doll tore her heart. No one knew this part of her life other than Father John Mathew. It was something she had promised to bear alone all her life.

Taking a deep breath, Naina took the regular medications she takes when she struggles to sleep and went back to bed. Whilst lying on the bed, she thought about everything that has happened in her past. Suddenly, Naina's eyes welled with tears. To the world, Naina was a strong independent girl in her mid-twenties but this was the face of Naina's that no one knew of.

Once again Naina opened her eyes when the clock struck 7. Slowly Naina got out of the bed and went to the bathroom to take a cold shower. Once that was done, Naina dressed herself into a plain white shirt and black trousers, let her hair free and went downstairs to meet her mother.

"Good morning Ma" Naina greeted her mother.

"Morning, Naina. Here's some toast and coffee" Reena, her mother said

"Thanks ma!" Naina thanked her mother and started eating her breakfast.

"Naina, can you come a little early today? Let's go to the mass together and visit your father's grave as it marks 8 years since his death" grandma said sadly.

Reena's face fell when grandma said that, not just Reena's but her daughter's face fell as well. It's never been the same in Naina's house after Colonel Basil died in an unfortunate attack.

"Sure grandma" Naina replied and left to work.

After 20 minutes of the quite ride in the bus, Naina reached the channel in which she was working in. As soon as Naina entered the building, she came across her friend Amaya who worked alongside her. "Your manager Sharmila asked me to tell you that she wanted to see you as soon as you come in." Amaya informed her. "Oh! Why?" Naina asked concerned. "Probably to fire you for airing her cousin's drugs case haha" Amaya teased Naina. "Amaya!!" Naina said and gave Amaya a sharp look.

Luckily Sharmila did not call in Naina to scold her or fire her for airing her cousin's drug scandal. In fact Sharmila wanted to see Naina to assign her a task. It was to conduct visitors from Dubai around the building and to explain them the new concepts and projects the company is looking into. As part of her job this was something Naina particularly enjoyed.

Whilst explaining to the group of people about the key features of the channel, Naina's voice trailed off. Feeling that someone was watching her and she glanced up to meet the eyes of a tall young man standing in the doorway, immaculately dressed in a black simple suite. When he saw that Naina had paused seeing him, he indicated with a wave of his hand that she should continue what she is doing. Naina frowned, irritated by what she saw as an arrogant gesture from the stranger. Naina thought that perhaps he is a latecomer to the group, so Naina decided to go up to him but stopped when she became aware of the covert glances and sly nudges among some of the workers including Amaya.

"Hello, Rishi Sir" Amaya greeted him. Suddenly a buzz of conversation erupted... Making Naina confused for a split second, and then it struck her. The son of Nikhil Varma who is the owner of ADTV's new network, Rishi Nikhil Varma is here. It has been approximately one year since Naina joined this company and at the time when Naina joined this company, Rishi had left to America to gain some extra qualifications and then to set up some extra branches across the country. At that time Nikhil Varma (Rishi's father) took the responsibility of the news network. It was Naina's first time seeing Rishi Varma but she had heard so much about the 'bobby-dazzler' over the last one year. From her colleagues, Naina had heard that Rishi has a younger brother called 'Devdutt' and a younger sister called 'Aditi' and that they were running the family business.

Anyway Naina continued the tour and answered any questions the group asked Naina. However, Naina felt uncomfortably conscious as she was being assessed. This was because Rishi Varma tagged along with them, always standing a little to one side and listening intently to Naina's well rehearsed explanations. Very soon, Sharmila took responsibility of the group and led them to her cabin, leaving Naina and Rishi in the room.

"I must say it was remarkable, Miss Naina. You did a fantastic job" Rishi complimented her glancing at the badge on her shirt. "Actually my father had told me about your capabilities and potentials" Rishi then further said.

"Oh thank you, sir" Naina replied with a smile and shook his offered hand.

"I think you handled the whole tour very well. How long have you been with us?" He asked her.

They then walked through the building, where Naina explained her exact role in the company and the experience she gained whilst working here. Soon the owner of ADTV news network left at her door to her office, and she watched him go. He was undeniably attractive, with an intelligent angular face, jet black hair and slim yet muscular built. He was a typical product of his rich background. Naina thought wryly. Naina judged him to be around 30 years of age and felt a very faint and unfamiliar interest. Of course the sensation disturbed and irritated her - because after that incident, she never did feel interested in men. Because Naina was in her mid-twenties, Reena had started to show concern meaning Reena and grandma had started to bring in so many proposals but Naina never showed interest in any of them. Naina very well knew that she would not be able to be physical with another male. The rape had left her deeply disturbed, Naina always hoped that with time, the psychological wounds would heal but as far as she knew it never healed or left her.