Chapter 9

You know what hurts the most?

The seconds in the morning where you've just woken up, and for those mere precious seconds, you've forgotten the reasons your unhappy, the reasons you so broken. And then it hits you again, like a stab to the heart, and you remember all the reasons you didn't want to wake up.

That hurts.

....

I was getting engaged today to Rishi Nikhil Varma - the dream of many girls. The varma family is throwing this lavish party to satisfy their social class, I'm not saying there is a problem with that but I don't like crowd or big parties ever since that horrendous incident ...

Luckily I've managed to convince Rishi and his family to go for a simple court marriage. I mean that would be the most sensible thing to do anyway as me and Rishi are both from different religions. I'm a Christian whereas Rishi is a Hindu. Rishi and Rishi's family were reluctant with my suggestions however,  for my sake Rishi agreed but upon one condition that they will throw a lavish engagement party. So here am i today getting ready for my engagement.

The other day Rishi's sister Aditi took me out to a famous mall in the city to buy something for the engagement. Just like any typical girl of Aditi's class she went for over the top lehenga's and sarees. I mean there's nothing wrong with it but those weren't of my taste. Therefore, I went for a simple saree, after a lot of moans and groans Aditi too agreed to it. Unlike me Aditi went for a lehenga which was pink in colour. Needless not to say it looked stunning on Aditi just like her personality.
Aditi was a cute bubbly girl who's very talkative and open minded. My first encounter with this girl was the day I went to Rishi's house in rage due to him firing me. I still remember very well the moment when she blurted out the fact that Rishi liked me. Honestly it was embarrassing! Over the last few days I have grown immensely with my future sister in law. I did think about mentioning my past to Aditi at least but buried that thought deep inside my mind as I believe it is not for another person to know.

My equation with Rishi has also improved over the last few weeks. He has taken me out on dates multiple times, and I must say he's such a sweet man. I am very well aware that he loves me a lot and wants to become more closer to me. I don't know if am being selfish by hiding the truth from Rishi afterall he's been so transparent with me. But it's just that I don't have the courage to open upto him. What if he leaves me? But then again will I be able to love Rishi the way he is loving me and show justice to Rishi in our martial relationship. I don't have a answer to any this, I guess I am just going with the flow. Don't know where this will lead to really!

My trance was broken by my mother.

"Naina are you ready my child?" My mother asked me lovingly.

"Yes I'm ready ma. How is it?"

"Your looking stunning but a bit too simple? Afterall your getting married into a high class family...." my mother asked me with a lot of concern.

"No ma this is fine. I'm the most comfortable like this ..." I tried to make my mum understand. Very soon grandma entered the scene, my grandma was dressed in a simple blue cotton saree just like my mum who was also dressed in a simple white cotton saree.

"You are looking absolutely beautiful Naina. I'm so glad to see that all my stunning genes have been passed onto you." Of course my mother wasn't pleased with that statement of grandma so she raised her eyebrows. "Mother stop blabbering nonsense. Anyone can see how much she resembles me." Just how my mother wasn't pleased earlier grandma wasn't pleased this time.