CHAPTER 7

HELLO EVERYONE :))))))))))

I AM BACK WITH A NEW CHAPTER. HOPE YOU WILL ALL ENJOY IT :) DO LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF IT AFTER READING IT. Your feedbacks mean the world to me !

THANK YOU SO MUCH

Rishi's POV (Arjuns name has been changed to Rishi)

The sun poured through my window. Another day had dawned, bringing new hopes and aspirations. The blue sky was dotted with fluffy white clouds that drifted lazily in the gentle breeze. I picked up my phone and started scrolling through it as soon as I opened my eyes as anyone in the present generation. When I opened Facebook, the first thing I saw was Naina's post. It was a quote which read 'LETS FORGET THE BAGGAGE OF THE PAST AND MAKE A NEW BEGINNING'. I did not exactly understand what she meant by this. It has been 4 days since I have asked for Naina's hand in marriage and I haven't received a positive or for that matter negative response from her family. Does this move of Naina mean that she will accept my request? 

I am not exactly sure how my attraction towards Naina began. To be honest, she wasn't beautiful in the typical or classical way. I mean she didn't possess skin made of ivory or midnight black flowing curls. Naina looked just like any other woman of her age. She was a little short compared to the average woman's height like nearly five feet two inches. No matter what, Naina was stunning in her ordinariness. Her face symbolized a different sort of charm. To some, this might not sound practical, as I have not known Naina for a long time to love her so immensely but being around her did make my heart strong, racing and happy. She makes me complete in every aspect. 

I was twelve when I got to know that I was adopted and after knowing everything about my biological parents, I felt as if I too do not deserve to live in this world but Anu ma and dad's love kept me going. No matter what my ma, dad, Dev and Aditi loved me unconditionally. Still, the fact that I was not their blood kept on persisting me. After my degree, dad tried his best to try and make me take over the family business which was started by my grandfather but I didn't believe I deserved it. Therefore, I declined his offer politely and convinced him to hand the company over to Dev after his studies and Aditi along with him. Even though Dev and Aditi see me as their own brother, I believe this may help to prevent any possible sibling disputes in the future.  

                                                                                                             . . . 

"Teamwork makes the dream work," a booming voice echoed in the brightly lit living room. It was a cricket match, Live on TV. Aditi, Dev and Dad were watching the India v/s West Indies match intently. 

"What's the score?" I asked, coming down the stairs after a quick but good shower. 

"Two balls to go, six runs to win," informed Dev with an adrenaline filled voice. It was Virat Kohli on the strike who missed one of the two deliveries but hit a six on the last ball." 

"INDIA WON!!!  Wooooo! Kohli once again did an Amazing job also the team work was impeccable" announced the commentator. 

"Wohoo!!! Wohoo!!" Screamed Aditi and Dev in unison. They were so excited and happy. I mean why would they not be happy? India won and Kohli making them win is a cherry on the top. I was still in the joyous mood of India winning, when my phone rang. The caller ID displayed Naina's name. Suddenly, my heart started thudding irregularly. Today wasn't a working day so her call possibly would not be related to work then what? My proposal? 

Politely I excused myself from my family and went outside to attend the call.

"Hello Naina?" I said nervously

"Hello Sir" said a voice over the phone

Hey, is everything okay? Anything important?" I asked

"Sir... I am ready for this marriage" said Naina in a firm tone.

"Naina, are you sure?" I asked in a very excited but doubtful tone "I mean I'm over the moon but are you being pressured into this marriage or is it your own decision?"

"No no don't worry. It's my decision" Naina said and ended the call abruptly. Even after the call ended, I stared into the phone in shock and disbelief. Not even in my subconscious mind did I think that Naina would agree to this marriage. She always presented herself as a strong, independent and bold girl. Somehow this presentation of this Naina made me think that Naina would never agree to this marriage not just that but her eyes did speak volumes at times. Since the very first day, I could see that she was trying to hide something before those dark orbs or I might just be imagining things but...  

Whilst I was deep in my thoughts, my phone started to ring once again. This time it was an unknown number, taking a deep sigh, I answered the call. "Hello?"

"Hello, is this Rishi?" said an elderly voice from over the phone.

"Yes, may I know who is calling?" I asked 

"I am Naina's grandma, do you remember me?" grandma asked me with a mischievous tone.

"Oh. Hello grandma, how are you?" I asked, surprised.

"Yes beta. All is well here. Did Naina call you?" She asked me 

"Yes Grandma. To be honest, after her call, I am on top of the world. I never felt so happy in my life. I feel as if my life's got a purpose now" I said ever so joyfully.

"I am happy for you Rishi but before this marriage goes ahead, I want to communicate some confidential matters with you. When are you free Rishi beta?" Grandma asked me. I knitted my eyebrows in confusion on what she meant but thought it'd be better to ask her directly instead of having bad thoughts. "Grandma, I am free today, if you want to meet this afternoon. At what time should I come to your home?" I asked her.

"That's good Rishi but it's only I who wants to meet you and if it is alright with you, could you come to the church near my house at around 4 o'clock?" Grandma requested me, to which I agreed. 

...

Any Virat kohli fans ?

What might be it that Grandma has to tell Rishi ?

Who's happy that Naina accepted the proposal?

What might the future be holding for you Naina and Rishi ?

Thanks kiki8775 for editing this chapter for me!