Chapter 11

The Naina's POV

Words fall short when describing Rishi's house. It's no less than a breath taking a piece of art. The house was decorated amazingly with many festoons of woven marigolds and jasmines gracing the wall. I was welcomed to Rishi's home by a big colourful rangoli made at the entrance decorated with little oil lamps made from clay.

Rishi's mother Ananya welcomed me to the house once the griha pravesh rituals were completed.

Rishi's room was however, quite different to the rest of the house. It was simple room painted in the colour white acquainting various pieces of green plants, a four-poster bed with red curtains with a white coloured sheet with rose petals spread across the sheet. Although, the bedroom and the bed was decorated beautifully, it triggered me. According to the Indian customs a husband and wife is supposed to consummate their marriage on their wedding night. But... but I am scared. I'm sure Rishi will understand if I open up to him on how I need more time to consummate this marriage but I do not have the courage...

My thoughts got distracted noticing the dressing table. It was grand and exquisite as the rest of the house. But it is not that which caught my attention, it was the sindoor box, sticker bhindis, perfume vials, bangles, lip balms and a hair brush. Just then I heard someone clearing their throat, it was none other than Rishi. "I don't know whether you will be comfortable in wearing sindoor. There are no expectations from my side to wear this as I understand sindoor is foreign to your faith." "Thank you, Rishi," I said as I hugged Rishi gently, to which Rishi gently stroked my hair.

Gripping onto my hands tightly, Rishi took me over to another cupboard and showed me all the beautiful sarees that were hanging onto the cupboard. Not just sarees, all types of clothing were inside that gigantic wardrobe, from tee-shirts to pyjamas. I gasp as I touched the expensive pieces of clothing.

"What was the need for this Rishi? Why waste so much money on me?"

"Because you are my special one. I love you Naina" Rishi said slowly wiping away my warm tears. He then further said "you are the only family I have Naina to call me own so isn't it my responsibility to love and pamper you?" Rishi said becoming equally emotional.

"Naina can I ask you something?" Rishi asked as he played around with my nuptial chain. Once I gave Rishi my approval in the form of a nod, he proceeded confidently.

"Umm Naina do you love me?"

"Of course, I do Rishi" I said without hesitation. As soon as I said that Rishi's eyes glowed with happiness.

"I asked because this marriage was partially forced upon your right? Also I haven't seen you expressing your feeling properly, it has always been coldness from your side..." Rishi expressed his concerns.

"No Rishi ... I mean I did struggle at the beginning to come into terms in accepting this marriage proposal. But eventually with time I have learned to love you. But I can admit that my feelings for you is not as strong as your feelings for me. Yet, I am sure with time my love for you will become more deep and stronger ..." I finally opened up my feelings. Still, my heart was heavy... Am I cheating on this innocent soul? As I have not yet informed of my darkest secret to my better half. It was killing me!

"Thank you for letting me know your feelings, Naina. I acknowledge that it is not easy for a girl like you to accept this transition in such a short span of a time. Yet, I am happy to know that you have feelings for me Naina. Like you said, even I am confident that our relationship will grow in a positive way and deeper." Rishi said as he gently pecked me on my forehead.

We did not consummate our marriage that night as I feared. To my surprise Rishi offered time and space for us to consummate our marriage, needless not to say my respect for Rishi increased once again that night.