Chapter 3

Author's POV...

Naina was supposed to be on leave today as her best friend Karthika and her partner Akshay had a court marriage today. But after their court marriage Naina had to rush to her office as an important pen drive was with her as well as that some work was pending. Unlike Naina, Karthika and her husband were high profile parties. After their court marriage they were holding a wedding reception for their extended family and friends. Karthika was annoyed at the fact that Naina was leaving so abruptly. Karthika scolded her friend and warned her to come at least half an hour before the reception starts.

Unfortunately Naina got held up at the office by Amaya. They were going to air sensational news tomorrow which was based around a film star. So it was important for the information to be bang on. Otherwise the channel's reputation could get scarred. Naina was obviously responsible for it so she definitely had all the stress of it and to top it all off she couldn't be late for Karthika's reception either, that increased her stress even more.

After finishing some pending work Naina rushed back into her house, quickly draped embroidery red and black saree with a sleeveless blouse that stopped quite a few inches above her belly button. The blouse exposed a lot of skin on her back, normally Naina would never wear something like this but this is due to Karthika's insistence. She doesn't want to let her friend down and to be honest; Naina doesn't really have anything good enough to wear to such a big function either. In a rush, Naina got out of her car and started scanning the entire place while running down the aisle trying to wear her bangles which she had stuffed inside her purse.

That's when Naina bumped into him, making all her bangles fall on the ground. Naina rolled her eyes in annoyance and looked at him to tell him off but when she saw the person who she had bumped into, Naina immediately felt embarrassed as it was none other than her boss Rishi Nikhil Varma. The one who she has been crushing on.....

He stood there silently staring into Naina's eyes, when he saw Naina uncomfortably looking around, Rishi knelt down and picked her bangles.

"Sir, it is fine. I will pick it up" Naina said quietly

"Don't worry Naina" Rishi said with a little smirk

Rishi then slowly took a step closer and pulled Naina's arm towards him with all authority. Naina stood there not knowing what to do or how to react in this awkward situation. He is staring right into Naina's eyes, Naina failing to make eye contact with him made Rishi chuckle. Slowly Naina feels him putting her bangles on for her, he is slowly putting one at a time making Naina feel shy with the eye contact. Naina tells him that it is fine and she will put the bangles on herself and tries to pull her hand from his but he doesn't let her go. Then Naina looked at him, he had an intense gaze on his face, only this time with a smile. This made Naina's heart beat a thousand times faster.

Again he stepped closer holding Naina's hands firmly, so Naina wouldn't move away. Eventually they both got locked in an intense gaze. It was unusual for a girl like Naina to get this affected by someone.

They both forgot how they stood in the middle of the aisle.

"Rishi!! Rishi! What the hell are you doing? Who is this girl?" Aditi, Rishi's little sister asked her brother. That's when Naina and Rishi came back to reality. Quickly Naina ran away feeling very embarrassed and annoyed at herself for acting cheap. Rishi might be a nice guy but after all he is rich. Naina could just be his time pass. She didn't want that.

"Rishi, why are you flirting with random girls? As a sister, I'm actually so abashed. I will definitely tell this to mum and dad and Dev. If Dev finds this out, you can erase the word 'peace' from your life haha" Aditi said, making fun of her brother.

Rishi playfully twisted his sister's ears and said "you will not tell this to anyone and to clarify your doubts, I do like that girl who just went by. I'm not just flirting" Before Rishi could finish his sentence; Aditi screamed the place down and said "that's it. I'm telling Dev, mum and dad!! Hahaha you are done" Aditi said and ran away before Rishi could react.

The function went on, throughout the function she could feel someone glancing at her thoroughly but whenever Naina turned around to catch the person who's staring at her, he turned around. Eventually at one point Naina's eyes met his, this time he wasn't looking away. He was staring at her without blinking, his lips were slowly curving into a smile. This increased Naina's heartbeat. Why was he doing this to her? She knows very well that he's playing with her. Naina does not have any strength to pick herself up, if another tragic incident happens in her life.

Naina quickly went into the washroom feeling awkward and checked the mirror to see if she looked fine. Even Naina couldn't figure out why she was reacting in this way either.

Naina slowly walks down the stairs and observes him. He is wearing something different from his usual attire. A black Kurta, silver ring, a bracelet chain but more than that, it was his smile that attracted Naina. Soon Naina finds herself in front of him again and he's smiling, Naina can feel a hot rush on her cheeks. This time Rishi was coming up to her as if he wanted to actually talk to her but Naina gave him a faint smile and escaped from him.

Even if Rishi liked Naina genuinely, she could never accept him due to the weight of her baggage. 

.........................................................

Hope you liked this chapter ! How was Rishi and Naina ?

What is Rishi's actions suggesting ?

Could Rishi ever break Naina's heart ? 

Guys please do share your views and opinions, if i get more input from readers I will make the chapters longer and update more frequently :) Please don't be a silent reader

Thank you