3⚡Hospital Under Attack

"It is a cardiac arrest! Dr

"It is a cardiac arrest! Dr. Song, charge the sedative! Matron, Pass me the scissors!" Taehyung ordered and they immediately obeyed him.

For the next five minutes, the beeping of the ventilation machine pierced the ears. Taehyung was determined to save her life. Not because he was threatened by some gangsters, it was because he wanted her to live. He wanted her to complete all the incomplete aspirations of her youth. He cut an artery and the blood sputtered out, straining his robe. The beeping gradually slowed down.

"Pulse rate is normal" the anesthetist, Dr. Song informed.

Taehyung kept his eyes locked on the dissected part. He delicately fixed the ruptured artery. Beads of sweat trickled down his forehead. He forgot to breathe. He gave his full concentration in his work. "Suction."

Yoongi used the vacuum pipe to suck the excess blood from her chest. After the cardiac arrest was taken care of, Tae removed the dead tissues and completed the remaining operation. The patient was saved.

He straightened his spine and exhaled in relief. His lungs finally got filled with oxygen. "Operation successful." He stepped back. "Good job everyone!"

With that last word, he left the OT leaving Dr. Min to do the remaining stitches.

Taehyung exited the OT and was immediately met with an anxious Jungkook. He looked up with emotionless eyes expecting an answer. What kind of a guy was he? Taehyung was curious to know him. He seemed pretty tensed before the operation but now he only showed a blank expression.

"The patient is out of danger for now. It might take her some time to heal." Jungkook acknowledged the doctor's words before leaving the hospital. The older saw, several black cars driving away. 

..............

The Next Day.

Taehyung was on his daily round of checkups. The woman had been shifted to a cabin. She didn't get back to her senses yet. But her body was doing well.

Taehyung annoyingly rolled his eyes at the two guards in front of the door. According to Jungkook, they were for her protection. As if the hospital was careless enough to risk a patient's life. How could people forget that it was Kim Seokjin's Hospital, Savior?

Taehyung pushed in through the door. He was immediately hit by an aroma of room freshener. The nurse was already jotting down some reports on her notepad. On noticing the doctor, she slightly bowed and made space for him to check up.

He gently clutched her delicate wrist to check the pulse rate. Her sleeping figure filled him with warmth. His eyes softened as he drifted off. He imagined her in a beautiful floral dress, skipping around a park with a glow of ecstasy on her face. The wind swept through her long dark hair messing the hairstyle on which she had worked for hours. She initially pouted but when she saw Taehyung, she immediately got infected with his smile. Her eyes crinkled and her lips parted in a toothy grin.