20⚡ Exposed

Be very careful of people whose words do not match their actions....

(A/N: Spoiler at the end of the chapter. 🙃)

"Keep away from Viper." Those were the last words Jimin spoke before leaving the room. Taehyung sighed at the blonde's behavior. He never waits to listen to the other. Jimin had an alien persona.

.........

Hoseok stood with a group of 15 men in his office. The atmosphere was tense. None of the officers dared to speak. The usual ball of sunshine was replaced by cold. Hoseok's eyes were focused in front as he spoke, "As I have said before, this mission is going to be of the most difficult one."

"The Police will not co-operate with us. I am sorry to say that neither can I guarantee your life nor can I guarantee your job. Therefore, if anyone wants to leave, then now is the chance. I don't want any hindrance once we begin with the investigation."

The room broke into whispers as soon as Hoseok completed his last sentence. The officers debated whether to stay or leave.

"You have to forget your personal life and luxuries until we succeed. You may have to stay here for months or even years without meeting your close ones. Even after so much sacrifice, I can't promise you victory. Therefore I am not forcing you to join me. I want only the dedicated ones in my team. Is there anyone who wants to leave?" His kneen eyes scanned the room.

Some felt cowardly or some felt too pressurized or some probably had family issues. Hence only 5 out of 15 men were left behind. Hoseok sighed at the shrinkage of the number. It was Soobin, Yeonjun, Taehyun, Beomgyu, Hueningkai left. Hueningkai was the youngest boy of 20. Hoseok appreciated him for his bravery while the other experienced officers acted like cowards and left.

"Only 6 left including me. Bloody cowards!" Hoseok cursed under his breath. He indicated the remaining ones to come closer to him as he continued, "We will move out from the police station for the time being. I want you to keep away from your families for their safety. We are against the Titans and are well aware of their capabilities."

The youngers nodded in agreement. Hoseok explained the rules to them. "I want dedication. Perfection is the only key to Victory. No matter how strong we get we cant surpass the Titans thus we need to use our grey matters to win this case. Notify me before taking any step. I don't want any mistake here. This is going to be a highly confidential mission and you should not discuss this with anyone. Remember, united we stand, divided we fall. Do not act overconfident. Am I clear?"

"Yes Sir!" The officers replied in unison.

"Very well, I am glad to work with you all. You may take a leave of 4 days and enjoy your time with your families, girlfriends, and friends. On the fifth day, we will meet at the old warehouse near the Han river." Hoseok smiled at his subordinates. Their brave look gave him hope.