Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Four months later...

The four months in the practice room was unbearable. They kept teasing me endlessly about that jerk and I had to suffer in silence even though I really don't want to sing in his party.

Why should I?

But when the Alpha has requested, it becomes a 'no rejection' case. If we do, we might have to face his wrath and suffer in front of the whole pack which was probably the last thing we wanted to happen to us.

It has been four months and I just have to endure for tonight. Today was his arrival, and most of the pack members were busying themselves with the preparations.

Some of the unmated she-wolves were pampering themselves just to land on his bed tonight. He was still the same, a player and the sex god.

A huge banner was hung up in front of the pack house with the words that irked me the most, 'Welcome back Nathan.' Just the mention of his name made my wolf restless, and so do I.

I have a bad feeling about this, perhaps the bullying might turn even worse. God damn it, I can't even imagine what will happen to me when he comes back.

As I sat there pouting, Maya waved a hand in front of me with a raised brow. "You ready? We're doing the final practice for the covers." I nodded in response, clearing my throat as I reached out for the microphone.

For the three covers we have chosen to perform in the party tonight were: 'Happy' by Pharrell Williams, 'Titanium' by David Guetta and 'Lean On' by Lazer.

And it was meant for that jerk whom I hated so much. To be honest, I have made plans to move out of the pack house once I have graduated from high school.

Which means lesser chances to bump into that jerk, more freedom. I don't mind at all if this was the only way to get myself out of his clutches.

He's nothing but trouble.

"On the count of three, Eve." Rachel said, pulling me back to reality as I realised that we have a practice to continue. I nodded, counting to three as we began practicing the covers.

xxxx

I punched the punching bag hard, shooting my leg out to hit the surface while my posture was firm and steady like I have been taught since I was 16.

There might be a possibility where I have a chance to spar with that jerk, but I wasn't going to let him get the best of me. He had successfully made me weak and crumbled right in front of him in the past, but I swear that the old Eve was already gone, replaced with a fighter in her.

That jerk was going down.

My nose flared with anger as I continued to punch the shit out of the bag, ignoring the huge amount of stares thrown in my direction.

Fists tightened, it collided into the surface with all my strength and hate towards the jerk. If there was one thing his bullying had benefited me, and that would be making me stronger.

He attempted to make me weak, but instead it forced me to bring out my will to become stronger.

With one last strike, the material burst and broke apart. I gasped silently, moving backwards at the sight. I just ripped off the punching bag again.

Sorry, dad. I ripped off the punching bag again. I mind-linked my dad with a sheepish smile. God knows it was the nth time I have ripped off the bag in trainings again.

Again? That was the twentieth this month, sweetie. He replied back, I could literally hear him sighing right now since he would have to pay for the damages I have made in the training room.

Sorry, dad. I cut off the link and bent down to grab my clean towel. As I wiped off my sweat, my eyes wandered around the room, only to see Joe, my best friend shaking his head at me as he winked.

Instantly, I winked back with a little flirtatious demeanor even though we were just kidding. A male friend to flirt jokingly with and not take it seriously, how good is that?

And, he was never serious when it comes to trainings. Surprisingly though, he was an excellent fighter when it comes to wars, and that made him cool.

I smirked, rolling my eyes at him before exiting the room as I headed to the kitchen instead. I needed a drink to quench my thirst right now

Chopping of meat was heard from the kitchen while I peeked my head in to see Jenny, the pack's head cook who was cutting the meat silently.

"Jenny." I chimed, approaching her while she stopped to look at me. "Hey, Eve. Here for a drink?" She asked while I nodded, smiling brightly.

She walked towards the fridge and handed me a fruit punch with a knowing look. "Heard you ripped off the punching bag again." She barked out a laugh while I chuckled lightly.

How the hell did news travelled so fast?

I waved at her before getting out of the kitchen as I drank the fruit punch. The cooling liquid sliding down my throat was always so refreshing, especially after a good workout in the training room.

"The rogues have been going low-profiled these few days, perhaps preparing for a huge attack." I heard my brother's voice as two buff figures entered the house.

I squinted slightly at the light pouring in through the door before adjusting to the brightness. When my eyes opened, I found myself looking at the guy who was the last person I wanted to meet on Earth.

Nathan.

Yet, my wolf kept howling inside of me, yipping and yapping like a child. Mate. Piper, my wolf howled in delight while I froze instantly at the word.

You've got to be f*cking kidding me. That jerks turns out to be my mate.