Chapter 26

Chapter 26

The whole night was spent crying in his arms, my eyebags swollen and puffy until I fell asleep from tiredness.

When I woke up, he never left my side. His eyes were closed as he breathed heavily, leaning against my head. I smiled, my fingers trailing down his cheek to his jawline.

He woke up from the slight movement, eyes wide awake in alert. He must have thought that someone was here to harm me. "It's alright, Nathan. It's just us."

His eyes laid on me as he sighed in relief. "Babe, I was worried sick for the whole night."

I smiled, leaning in to peck his lips. "I'm sorry."

"You know I won't ask you till you are ready to tell me, right?"

I nodded with a smile, my eyes landed on the ceiling. It was something that I had to get it out of my chest. He had the rights to know as well.

"Rachel betrayed me." He stayed silent, letting me speak even though I knew that he must be in a rage right now. His face was contorted in rage, he must be piecing things together right now.

However, he was controlling himself in front of me as he knew that what I needed now was his presence and his comfort.

Another round of tears flowed again, my tears dampened the pillow. His eyes softened at the sight and caressed my face slowly, bringing me to face him as I continued with a lump in my throat.

"Her mate is a rogue. He is in the team of attackers, and they are in cahoots." His brows creased as he tried to process what I just said.

Slowly, the dots were connecting.

His knuckles turned white as he tried his hardest not to show his anger. "I still can't accept the fact that she was a traitor all this while." I closed my eyes, crying silently as tears flowed down furiously.

"Just cry it all out, babe." He wrapped his arms around me and caressed my hair softly as he comforted me in silence.

xxxx

News travelled quickly, Rachel was now under in-house arrest as she was restricted from going out. There were at least three to four Nathan's men who watched her to ensure that nothing goes past their sight.

Since I bore Nathan's mark, they automatically acknowledged me as their Luna. They allowed me to enter her house, letting us have time alone.

I entered her room, bringing my eyes to face her the moment she looked up. She was shocked, before composing herself and cleared her throat.

"What brings you here, Eve?" She asked, emptiness in her eyes. There was no guilt found in them, just an empty soul talking to me. She was not the same anymore.

"Why did you do it?"

"What do you mean?" She asked, acting as though she doesn't understand my question. "Stop lying through your own teeth, you should know what I'm talking about, Rachel."

She closed her eyes and sighed. "This is my fate."

"You were given a choice, but you chose to walk down the path of a traitor." I said, a mixed of anger and sadness building up. She opened her eyes, pitch black in anger.

"I was never given a choice. The moment we met, I knew I was bound to walk down this path. It was either the pack or my mate." She spat defensively.

"We are both different people, Eve. Your mate is the Alpha. He has everything, territory, wealth, family. Me? My mate is a rogue and he has absolutely nothing after losing his parents in a fire years ago. All he has is me, and you are expecting me to give him up for the sake of the pack?"

"So, what if he is your mate? What is the purpose of tearing down our pack and harming our people?" I questioned her, bringing up a Luna tone that I didn't know existed.

She was a little intimidated, lowering her head down submissively. "He said it is his last mission given by his Alpha. Once they claim this territory, he will leave the rogue life and settle down with me in a place where no one knows us."

"You should know I will never let that happen, right?"

"I know you too well, Eve. That's why I have no choice but to do this." She snapped her fingers and I felt something hit my head. Everything in front of me went in circles, I couldn't piece out what happened but all I know that I was slowly losing conscious.

And the darkness embraced me.