Chapter 30 (EPILOGUE)

A/N _ Nathan's POV, who's excited?

Nathan's POV

I felt her grip on me loosened as she went unconscious in my arms. My heart clenched tightly, tears spilling down my cheeks at the sight. I can't believe this silly girl had taken the stab for me.

I ran as fast as I could, noticing the pack house was in sight. "Eric, I need you in my room right now."

Carrying her up to my room, I laid her down on my bed, my hands shaking with fear of losing her. A man burst through the door as his nurses followed along with him.

I turned around and gave him an intimidating growl, "Save her."

"Yes, Alpha." He nodded, quickly setting up the whole place as he began operating on my mate. I was sent outside the moment the operation started.

"Evan, strengthen the security of the pack house. Make sure that the borders are guarded by our backup teams. Shawn, make sure the rogues are held captive in the cells and burn those corpses lying on the ground."

"Yes, Alpha." Both voices replied simultaneously at my command.

I sighed, cutting off the link, turning my attention back to the situation at hand. I leaned against the wall, slowly sliding down as I breathed heavily.

My eyes stared back at the door in front of me, pain overwhelmed me. I can't believe she had taken the stab for me. It was the second time that I have failed to protect her.

Tears rolled down my cheeks, the fear of losing her was eating me. I felt myself unable to hold back as I let the tears fall, a howl of pain escaped.

I can't imagine my life without her.

"Evelyn!" The former Beta and his wife rushed up the stairs as they approached me. I stood up, my head hung low as I couldn't face them. I have failed to protect their daughter, failed my duty as her mate.

"What happened to my daughter, Alpha?" He asked, worry written all over his face. Guilt washed over me as I wiped away my tears quickly.

"She has been stabbed, currently Eric is operating on her." I muttered under my breath, emotions all lost as I waited for the scolding to come.

However, there was none.

James laid a hand on my shoulder, giving me a comforting squeeze. "Understand that you have tried your best to protect her, we don't blame you, Nathan."

While on the other hand, Sophia was shaking as tears fell down her cheeks freely. "Oh, my daughter. We shouldn't have went to Hawaii, should have stayed and protected our beloved child."

"Hush, my dear. Don't be so hard on yourself. I am sure our strong girl will wake up soon." He turned to comfort his mate. After that, I blocked out all voices and kept my focus on the door as I waited impatiently for my mate.

I was dying to know if she has gotten out of danger. I was dying to be by her side right now.

The door suddenly opened as a nurse rushed out, carrying a huge tub of empty blood banks. Another nurse was in sight as she pushed the tray of fresh blood banks, exchanging them with the frantic nurse who rushed back into the room.

Blood, more blood.

She was in need of blood transfusion which meant that she was in critical danger. I blocked out all hearing and listened attentively to the conversation inside the room with my sensitive hearing.

"We run out of type 'O' blood, doctor."

"What about the hospital?" His voice boomed throughout the room. "We need to save some for the patients, there's not enough for the Luna."

"Shit, we need someone to donate blood to her right now." He cursed aloud in the room, panic rose in his voice as time was ticking. Either the blood has to be transferred, otherwise she would be in danger.

"Who, doctor?"

Without saying anything, I barged into the room, frightening the rest. "I will do it, my blood is type 'O'."

xxxx

By the time I woke up, I felt my arms less swollen. My eyes landed on the needles pierced into my skin as I pulled it off, rushing out of the room as I headed to find my mate.

Sounds escaped from the room next to mine as I quickly went in, only to find my mate laid on the bed still sleeping. Attached on her hand was a needle similar to mine just now, connected to a packet of IV drip.

Eric was by the bedside, checking up on her. Next to her was a heartbeat monitor which was currently beating normally.

I hadn't noticed James in the room until a hand rested on my shoulder blade. "She's currently out of danger." He sighed in relief, a sad smile graced upon his lips.

"Thank you for donating blood to my dear child. Otherwise, she wouldn't have make it."

"She's my mate. It's the only thing I can do for her." I sighed, approaching my mate as I sat down next to her, holding onto her small hand.

"Alpha, the Luna is out of danger and currently in a coma. Right now, we can't promise you when she will wake up. It is up to her now." He informed, his voice carried empathy in them.

"Thank you, Eric. You can leave." My eyes still focused on my mate while I heard words exchanged in the background before footsteps left the room.

I was alone in the room with her right now.

My fingers caressed her soft skin, pushing her hair out of her forehead. I trailed my thumb across her soft lips as I sighed. "Thank you for being alive, babe. Please wake up soon."

All of a sudden, the heartbeat monitor began to beep in alarm as her heart beat quickly. The lines on the monitor were all over the place as she suddenly gasped, her eyes still tightly closed.

Her body began to shake vigorously as she arched her back forward, sweat trickling down her forehead. "Babe!" I growled in alarm, moving over to hug her instinctively.

Eric suddenly barged into the room and went over to the bedside hurriedly. "Alpha, we need you to leave the room right now." With that said, I was dragged out of the room by a strong nurse and the door was slammed across my face.

I paced up and down the hallway, my heart still beating quickly at the sight just now. What was happening to my mate?

"Alpha, what happened?" James rushed towards me with a panic stricken look across his face. I stopped pacing and sighed heavily, my mind flooded with possibilities of my mate's current condition.

"Her lines went haywire.. She was shaking vigorously, even when I hug her, it doesn't calm her down.." I whispered, trying to piece things together.

My eyes widened as the next two words escaped from my lips. "Panic attack."

"What do you mean my daughter is having a panic attack?" James questioned in disbelief, shaking my shoulders to face him. He was in a rage, his face contorted in anger.

"I know that you know something, Nathan. Spill." He ordered, not caring whether I am the Alpha right now. The condition of his daughter mattered more to him at this moment.

"She was injected with silver. Heard from Rachel, the silver which entered her body was invented by that bastard." I trailed off, closing my eyes tightly. He gasped at my explanation, his grip on me loosened slowly. "My baby girl." He cried aloud, while I blinked open my teary eyes to face her father.

He was shaking with fear because of what Jones had injected into her body. Whatever it is, it must be something severe to make my mate suffer from a panic attack.

"Babe.." I whimpered at the thought of her going through the side effects of the silver injected inside her body.

If she hadn't died from the silver, does that means it is going to kill her slowly?

A/N _ Okay, so I have decided to end off the book like this! Sue me, but I had to :(

Yes, she hasn't woke up yet. And yes, updates on the SEQUEL will be on the next chapter!

Stay tuned!! ;')