Chapter 12

Chapter 12

After that night spent over at my house, he never showed up again. I tapped the pen lightly, feeling a sense of emptiness on the bottom of my heart.

Why was I feeling like this?

The timer rang as the invigilator announced the end of the paper. I heaved a sigh in relief after months of revision and the finals was finally over.

We waited for the invigilator to leave the classroom before everyone of us roared to life. Many of them were already discussing about having a bonfire soon.

Bonfire was the best part of high school life. It basically signifies the end of school. No more homework, tests and revisions.

We are free living beings now.

Rachel, Jessica and Maya waddled their way towards me with smiles on their faces. "Come on, Eve. Let's have our own bonfire at the backyard."

"You mean the backyard of the pack house?" I questioned, raising a brow in slight worry. I was worried that I would have to see him again. Not that I was feeling sour about it, but this time, I actually felt nervous.

My heart was no doubt pounding rapidly at the thought of seeing him again.

You are in love, sweetie. Admit it, you do want to patch things up with him. My wolf, as though hearing my thoughts, began teasing me.

In your dreams. I scoffed in reply.

A hand waved in front of me as I looked up to see an annoyed Rachel. "For the love of god, can you stop spacing out every now and then? What has gotten into you?"

I shrugged which made her even more infuriated. I chuckled. Rachel and I have always been like this. Based on her temperament, I was still surprised that I survived.

Perhaps because I never took it to heart, that's why our friendship never worsened. But the funny thing was, I was more closer to her than Jessica and Maya.

And just like that, you will slowly forgive our mate and love him. My wolf butted in while I internally groaned. That's not even linked to my thoughts. Don't try so hard, wolfie. At my words, she tucked in her tail and cooped herself into her own world.

Oh god, someone was finally able to shut her gap.

xxxx

I carried one big box of notes which were ready to be burned tonight. It was already decided among us that the bonfire will be held tonight by the backyard.

We will set up our own small bonfire and celebrate the end of finals.

For some odd reason, mom found out that I was coming back. She already had the door opened as the aroma of food filled the living room.

My mouth instantly watered as I carried the big box into the house. Mom's eyes lit up upon seeing me. She rushed towards me and hugged my petite frame tightly.

"Honey, how have you been?" Her tone light and cheerful. Tears ran down my cheeks abruptly. I missed home so much.

I have never pegged myself to be a kind of person who would get homesick. But right now, I am. I missed the warmth of having my mom's arms wrapped around me so badly.

"Why are you crying, honey?" She asked, pulling away as she took in my weeping figure. "Nothing." I smiled, tears blurring my vision. "I just missed home so much."

"Silly child, of course you do. It's only natural to feel that way since you are not used to living without us." She cooed, running her fingers down my hair like how she used to whenever I cried.

I nodded, wiping away my tears as I took in deep breaths.

"Come on, honey. Go rest in your room first. Dinner will be ready at six." With that sad, she turned me around and pushed me in the direction of the stairs.

I finally reached the room where I used to live for the past eighteen years of my life. Stepping into this room again felt so nostalgic.

I placed the box on one side and dusted off my pants. My eyes scanned around the room, taking note of how everything has been kept the same ever since I left.

The cleanliness still maintained which meant that someone has been regularly keeping my room clean.

"You would have thought that it was mom who made sure your room was cleaned." A voice came from the door as I spun around immediately.

It was my brother.

"But it was someone else, right?" I asked, raising a brow questioningly. He chuckled. "Yes, and it was your asshole mate."

His words struck my world. Him?

Why would he clean this empty room when he knew that I wouldn't be coming back anymore? Why was he putting so much effort?

"By the way," His voice began to fade away as he turned to leave. "It was also that bastard who made you that herbal medicine just to get rid of your cold."

So, it was him.

Instantly, I felt a pang of guilt for not trusting him. He was trying his hardest to change into a different person, yet I was blinded by the past and how he had bullied me.

Perhaps, he was right. People will change as time passed. Maybe, he has really changed into a better person like he had promised this time.

Should I forgive him and try my best to forget about the past?