Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Carrying the box to the truck, I handed it over to the hired movers. My dad and my brother were busy with their work so they were unaware of what I was doing at this moment.

Since they were against me moving out in this first place, I might as well move out without letting them know. The only regret I have, would be my mom who was already sobbing as she sat down on the couch with the Luna.

For god's sake, I was only moving out. It was not like I was not going to see her again.

When I entered the living room once more to carry more items, the Luna looked at me in the eye. "Are you sure this is what you want, Evelyn?"

I stopped what I was doing, slowly raising my eyes to meet hers. Was this what I wanted? To be separated from my parents and even that jerk?

I sighed, there was no turning back this time. "That's what I want, Luna."

She shook her head in disappointment, slowly comforting my mom as her sobs filled the room. This was so frustrating, it was supposed to be a happy occasion since I finally found my freedom.

But, why do I feel so empty inside of me?

xxxx

Closing the car door, I carried the box into my studio apartment. The hired movers were already moving in my bed, my plush couch and all the furniture found in my room.

The rest that I will need can be easily purchased from the shopping mall. The mall was a five minutes walk from my apartment so it was very convenient.

The scent filled the room as I turned around to be met with Nathan. He was shirtless as he carried in the boxes. "What the hell, Nathan?" I blurted out, crossing my arms.

He laid the boxes on the mahogany tiles and looked up, staring at me without any emotions. "I was just helping."

I rolled my eyes in response. "Well, thanks for that." I muttered under my breath, quickly making quick work of unpacking my things.

My hair disrupted my movements so many times that I was so fed up. Eventually, I tied up my hair into a simple bun and continued unpacking for the rest of the day.

By the time I was finally done, it was already evening.

My stomach growled at this ungodly timing as I looked up at my wall clock. It was currently 19:00. I craned my neck as I stretched my limbs absentmindedly.

I have a problem now. Where do I find my next meal?

If I was at home, my meals would be ready for me. I looked around me to see that the jerk has left. At least, he could have made some noise that he was leaving.

Moving towards the end of the room, I reached the kitchen and began rummaging through the light snacks which I have brought along.

I was about to retrieve the cup noodle when the bell suddenly rang out of nowhere. I set my cup noodle down and answered the door, only to see a delivery man who was carrying a box of pizza.

"Is this unit 24?" He asked while I nodded in reply, still staring at him cluelessly. His lips curved into a smile as he handed me the box. "Here's your order, have a great day."

"Wait, I didn't order any pizza." I said.

He raised a brow. "That's weird, it was a young man who ordered and paid for your pizza."

"A young man?" Could it be?

After the delivery man left, I walked back into my room and set the pizza down on the table. Since he bought it for me, I might as well enjoy it.

I was starving anyways.

I began taking a slice out as I ate it to my greatest content. It tasted so delicious since it was still warm and edible. I guess living outside of home wasn't that bad.

Except that I would have to do things on my own from now on. At least, it was better than living in that hell hole with a bunch of selfish people.

I licked my fingers cleanly before cleaning up the whole place. Walking towards the balcony, I looked out of the window. The sky was slowly casting darkness throughout the whole place, making it seem peaceful and quiet.

For a moment, something flickered in the shadows as I looked down to see a figure looking up at me. He turned his back at me and climbed onto his car as he slowly drove off.

I rolled my eyes, please don't tell me that the jerk has been watching me all this time. Yet, why do I feel guilt sinking even further than ever?

Why don't I feel any happiness at all? Wasn't this what I wanted in the first place?