Chapter 5

Chapter 5

The door opened as I snapped gruffly, "What else do you want?" Footsteps entered as I snapped my head up to give him the most piercing glare.

Instead it was my brother.

I blinked furiously, mostly in guilt for letting my temper get the best of me. "I am sorry, didn't know it was you." I shrugged casually, looking away.

"No, it's fine." He said, making himself comfortable as he sat on the end of the bed. "Did you have an uninvited guest?" He asked.

I sighed, "If I said it's your best friend, will you believe me?"

"Why do you hate him so much?"

I looked towards him in surprise. "I'm surprised that you have noticed that." I hissed with a menace glare. "You are one who doesn't care what he does to me."

"What do you mean?" He asked with eyes wide as saucers.

I rolled my eyes and sneered, "This best friend of yours has bullied me for my entire life. You are just f*cking blind not to notice, same goes for mom and dad. All of you are idiots for not seeing through his true colors."

"Eve." He growled warningly, reminding me how rude I was. But I don't care, I was fuming in rage because of everyone who were too blind not to see how he has been treating me for my entire life.

"Just f*cking shut up and accept the fact that your best friend has been bullying your little sister." I snapped in rage, pushing him out of my bed.

"Same thing for you, just f*cking stay away from me until you have accepted this stupid fact." With that said, I pushed him out of my room and slammed the door in his face.

At this pace I was going, my door would surely break down any sooner if they don't keep barging into my room and pestering me with all this shit.

Annoying piece of shit.

xxxx

Closing the locker, I stuffed books into my tote bag and began making my way through the hallways. My phone rang while I picked up with Rachel on the line.

"Hey, Eve. How about a movie marathon in my room tonight?"

I sighed, "Nah, I will pass. I have a pile of homework waiting for me."

"Geez, I was hoping all four of us could watch movies tonight." She said with disappointment laced in her voice. I chuckled, shaking my head. "Next time."

"Okay, see you again." I ended the call, sliding my phone into my back pocket as I wore my cap. The weather was getting so humid these days, it was literally killing me.

As soon as I exited the compound, the sun was already melting my body into liquid. Sweat trickled down my forehead as I sucked in a deep breath, treading on the pavements cautiously.

I groaned in discontent. If only I have turned 18, I would be able to get a driving license and get myself a car instead of walking back to the pack house.

A car pulled up in front of me while I frowned instantly. Winding down the window, I realised that it was none other than the jerk.

"What the f*ck do you want?" I snarled, pissed off that my words fell on his deaf ears. Didn't I say I wanted to have nothing to do with him? Why can't he just listen?

"I don't want to start a fight with you, get your ass in the car."

I raised a brow in response. "And why should I get in the car with you?" I sassed back. "Because I said so. Just shut up and get in the car."

I glared at him, "You are annoying." I pulled open the door and entered, buckling my seat belt as he pulled out of the compound to the main roads.

We fell in a comfortable silence, neither of us making a move to say anything. It was not like I would want to talk to him either. Breathing in the same air as him was already suffocating me.

"Eve." He started while I clapped my hands, catching air. "There's a bug buzzing in my ear, it's so annoying." I hissed, pretending that I didn't hear anything.

"Eve." He repeated again while I looked towards with a raised brow. "What?" I snapped in annoyance, hating the fact that we were actually in an enclosed space without me running away from him.

"Why do you hate me so much?"

My eyes widened in surprise, "Oh, you finally asked." I chuckled, sarcasm laced in my tone. He looked towards me with his eyes softening.

That got me frowning in response. "Don't look at me that way, I am not going to accept this stupid fact that we are mates." I glared at him pointedly.

"Eve, don't you find yourself being so petty because of the fact that I used to bully you?" He tried to reason with me, but I found a better reason to rebut him.

"That's because you don't see it the way I am seeing it. How would you, a bully would understand me, a victim of how I felt when you bullied me ever since we were young?"

"Eve-" He was cut off by my raised hand. "You made me so torn and broken in front of you, Nathan. You f*cking made my life worse than hell. How are you expecting me to forgive you this easily when you don't even feel remorseful at all?"

"And you're calling me petty because of it? What is this to you? Something trivial?" I raised my voice, still glaring at him as the car came to a stop. "You know what? I have always wished that I have never met you, Nathan. Maybe you wouldn't have brought nightmares into my life." I scowled, wiping off my tears as I unbuckled my belt and climbed out of the car.

Without turning back, I continued walking down the pavements, my tears slowly falling to the ground.

I hate him so much. I f*cking hate him.