Chapter 17

Chapter 17

I woke up to the light snores erupting from behind, strong arms wrapped around my waist. I groaned, stirring in my sleep as I turned around and found myself hitting a hard wall.

"F*ck." I grunted sleepily, peeling my eyes open only to stare at the most glorious six packs I have ever seen. My eyes slowly widened as I stared at the sight before me in disbelief.

Looking up, I found myself wrapped in Nathan's arms as he only wore a pair of boxers and nothing else.

Since when did he entered my house and slept on my bed?

I was about to flare at him for intruding my home when my eyes found his creased brows. My thumb trailed across them slowly, wondering what could have made him so worried.

Was it due to the stress for the preparation of running the pack? Or was it because of something else that he was hiding from me?

"Bro, what has been going on with the pack? Is there trouble lately?" I mind-linked my brother. After all, he is the second-in-command, he would be able to receive updates on what was going on in the pack.

"Nothing for you to worry about, Eve." He replied back a second later. I frowned deeply. My brother was lying. If there were no problems with the pack, why would Nathan pay visits again and again?

It then hit me when the first day Nathan came back, I overhead them discussing about rogues who were attacking the pack lately.

Something must be going on.

"I know there's something not right, bro. Spill." I warned, giving him one last chance before I blow my top on him. I have a right to know what is happening lately to the pack if it meant that I can remove the frown on his face.

I could hear an audible sigh coming from him. "He is going to kill me if I tell you."

"Since when are you afraid of him?" I silently laughed, knowing very well that he was just trying to get away with it.

Even if he refuses to tell me, I'm not going to let it go so easily. Things could be not going smoothly for Nathan and the whole pack might be in danger.

"Fine, you win." He reluctantly sighed in defeat. "Actually, the rogues have been stirring up trouble for him since the day he came back from training. He is very worried that they might target you since without you, he wouldn't be able to run the pack well."

I laid down there, brooding over what he said. Those words replayed in my head a couple of times until it hurt.

Seems like I have a hell lot more responsibilities than I think it is. Shit, it is time to step up and devote myself to the pack's safety.

"Eve? Are you still there?"

"I am. For now, don't tell Nathan that I already know about it." With that said, I cut off the link and felt my shoulders tense.

Once I settle down and stay serious, my wings will be clipped forever. I will have no freedom, trapped under the thumbs of my mate.

I will bear his pups, take care of the pack members and be their Luna.

Is this my path from now on?

I looked up at him, my fingers gently travelling from his firm six packs to his sharp jaws. My thumb stroke past his cheekbone to the bridge of his nose, feeling his steady breathing.

"I don't mind waking up like that everyday." I tensed at his words as I quickly removed my fingers from his face. I frowned slightly "Screw you, Nathan. I thought you were asleep."

He simply chuckled, tightening his arms around my waist as he moved himself on top of me with his eyes still closed.

I groaned out loud. "What have I done to deserve this?" He pushed himself up in a plank position as his breath hit my neck. His lips nibbled my earlobe playfully.

My breath hitched as I took in a slow gulp. F*ck, what was he doing to me?

"Admit it, you love it." He whispered, openly teasing me. He gently kissed his way down my jaws to my collarbone, sucking and biting on a spot as he left several hickeys behind.

I can't help but to let out a moan, my fingers digging into his hair.

He decided to tease me even further when I felt his lips on anywhere but mine. I groaned, knowing very well that he was deliberately teasing me.

"F*ck you, Nathan. Just kiss me." I whined, pulling him towards me as our lips connected. Sparks ignited between us, tingles shooting down my arms instantly.

This was the way I wanted it to be when I found my mate. I wouldn't have it any other way.