Chapter 28

Chapter 28

"Eve.." The familiar scent engulfed me as I sensed that it was Nathan. Tears slipped down my cheeks as I buried my head in his chest, still shocked from what has happened.

I thought it was going to be the end of me once I get violated by the rogues, I thought I was never going to see him again. But he was here with me, right by my side.

It then hit me I could never live without him, he has become a part of me now.

"Well, well. Isn't it the little Luna's mate? Alpha Nathan." A growl escaped from another Alpha's presence. I froze, looking up to see Nathan's gaze hardened at his opponent.

"I do know of my little fame. But I have never heard of the Alpha who has been leading the group of rogues. Who are you?" He cocked his head to one side, his jaws clenched in anger as he wrapped his arms around my waist tightly.

"Your worst nightmare." I could see a smirk coming from him as he gazed at my mate in a challenging stare.

"Oh? So your purpose of keeping my mate captive was to lure me out, isn't it?" Nathan asked, I could hear a growl escaped from his throat as his eyes hardened in rage.

He mulled over his sentence with his fingers grazing across his jaws, "Think deeper, I'm sure you are an Alpha for a reason."

I noticed Nathan frozen in place upon his statement, quickly whipping his head back in the direction of the pack. "Yes, danger is calling. By the time you go back, you will probably be seeing dead bodies."

I gasped at his words, my eyes widened in alarm. What has he done to the pack members? Has he wiped out all of them? I looked behind him to see Rachel, her mate and the bunch of rogues in the deserted building catching up.

"Nathan.." I whispered, nudging him that we have to leave. For a moment, I felt my vision blurred as I leaned against him for support. The amount of silver was sinking in as I gasped, my head spinning.

"Ah, I see the amount of silver is about to slowly kill her." He said in confidence.

"Babe, are you okay?" He asked in concern, looking down at me as I squinted my eyes, staring at his blurry face. Before I felt myself went out, I could feel his breath against me as he kept me in his arms.

"Stay with me, babe." He grunted in exasperation as we were stuck in the middle of their territory, probably all the pack members were dead by now. We were perhaps alone now, and I was probably going to die with the amount of silver inside my body.

I closed my eyes, feeling sleepy. I thought I was going to die as I tried to keep myself awake in his arms. Before I knew it, darkness embraced me.

I felt myself walking inside a dark room, trying to find my way out of here. I felt around for a while before finding myself staring into a pair of silver circles. It was glowing in front of me as I gasped in realisation.

"Piper? Is that you? Aren't we already dead?"

"We are not dead, you sickening human." I jumped, startled. Alpha's tone coming from her was what I least expected as I continued to stare at her. "What is going on, Piper?" I asked, remembering back that I had taken in quite a lot of silver two days in a row. Didn't the silver killed me?

"No, you wouldn't be speaking to me right now if you were dead." She replied as if reading my thoughts. "Those rogues had the cheek to play with us, if only I wasn't blocked by the silver, I would have already taken over and killed them."

I froze at her words, does that means the silver has already slowly worn off? "Neither is that, you have already absorbed so much silver that it could have killed you. But you survived which means you are now immune to silver."

"What? Immune to silver? How.."

"Time to wake up now and save your mate. You are now stronger than before, have faith in yourself."

With her words, it gave me enough courage to pull myself together and wake up. I looked up to see a blurry figure hovering over me. My vision was restored and I looked up to see Rachel crying on her knees in front of me.

"I'm so sorry, Eve. I have done so much wrong, I don't deserve your forgiveness. I have no idea how to face you again in the afterlife." Her shoulders shook as she cried, tears falling down her cheeks.

My heart softened a little, but I clenched my jaws at the thought of the amount of silver she had mercilessly injected into my body. Once a traitor, always a traitor.

I hardened my heart and clenched my fists, aiming for her temple as she fell to the ground instantly upon my attack. I'm sorry, Rachel. I had to do this, otherwise we will have to fight each other while you are conscious.

I sat up, my eyes glancing over as I spotted my mate fighting with twenty over rogues whom I had no idea appeared from where. I forced myself to stand up as I felt a surge of energy coursed through my veins.

Strange. What had the silver done to me?

I ran in the direction of the rogues as I began taking down a few of them, my punches sent in their way as I felt my fighting spirit coming back. Before Nathan came back from his Alpha training, I had been practicising with punching bags.

Now, I am getting it all back.

I began taking down the next one as I dodged his kick and knocked him off his feet. "What is going on?" The fight came to a cease as I looked up to see the rogues Alpha staring at me intensely.

I cocked my head to the side with a challenging smile. "Well, I will have to thank you for injecting so much silver."

"What do you mean? Shouldn't you supposed to be dead by now?" He snarled in a rage as his plans has failed. "Do not ever talk to my mate in this way, Jones." My mate growled ferociously, striding back to my side as he wrapped his arms around my waist protectively.

He stared at me, lifting my head to face him. "Babe, are you okay? What is going on?" I nodded, smiling at him lovingly as I felt a wave of relief washed over me that I was still alive and kicking, standing by his side. "I will explain later, Nathan." I whispered, leaning in to peck his lips.

"Look at that, what a beautiful couple. But I'm sure you guys will be reunited in the afterlife. Now, let's get down to it and finish this off." He growled, waving them over as they advanced towards us.

I felt a punch incoming as I dodged it smoothly and yanked his arm, twisting it as he groaned before sending another punch, knocking him out. Nathan had just recovered from his attack and leaned against my back as we continued fighting with the rest.

Another group of rogues began running in our direction as the remaining rogues ceased fighting, spotting smirks on their faces.