Chapter 3

Chapter 3

He leaned in, nuzzling my neck with his nose as he panted. My shoulders tensed at the contact as I stiffened. The way he panted was as though he was in hunger.

"What the f*ck do you want, Nathan?" I demanded, closing my eyes briefly as the contact sent annoying tingles down my spine.

I struggled from him, pushing him away with all my might. He wrapped his arms around my waist, firmly capturing me while I groaned in disgust.

Instead of yielding to him, I hit his hard, rock chest with my knuckles, scornfully whining in discomfort. His chest was a f*cking rock. I don't care if he was going to be the Alpha or if he was my mate, he should f*cking get the hell away from me.

"Stop struggling, Eve." He growled, his eyes turning pitch black in anger. "And what are you going to do about it, Nathan? Resorting to violence when you can't get what you want?"

Immediately, I regretted what I have said as it made him even more angrier. Yet, the badass persona in me was trying to resurface and lash out at him for everything he has done.

When I was a young, innocent girl playing with dolls, he forced himself into my life and bullied me. When he can't get the things he want, he would resort to violence, even though it was not directed at me.

After two years, I was sure that he would still slap me or push me onto the ground when he can't get what he wants. His temperament and lousy anger management still remained the same.

He growled, slamming his lips against mine while my eyes widened incredibly. Swiftly, I pushed him away and slapped him. "Jerk!" I screamed, tears rushing down my cheeks in shock as I turned away from him and headed back to my room.

I quickly locked the door the moment I reached my room, covering my lips as tears fell freely. That jerk kissed me, it was so infuriating.

He has no rights to do that after what he has done.

xxxx

I wanted to stay in my room forever. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like the case. My stomach was already growling by the time the sun hit the sky.

Since I have a morning shift at the foot reflexology centre later, I might as well wash up and have breakfast instead. Rolling out of the bed, I stifled a yawn as I entered the bathroom in a sleepy state.

Chugging down the mug of water, I brushed my teeth before washing my mouth. Drying my face with a hand towel, I stretched my limbs and quickly got out of my room as I headed down to the kitchen.

I pulled open one of the cupboards and took out a loaf of bread and placed it on the island. Spreading some strawberry jam onto the bread, I stuffed it into my mouth and began chewing away just as someone entered the kitchen.

My brows furrowed deeply at the sight of him coming down topless. He yawned, messing his hair before his eyes rested on me.

I turned around, placing the bread back to its place before finishing my breakfast. As I washed my hands, he cleared his throat to get my attention.

"Eve, about last night-" He started, but I cut him off with a bemused expression. "I don't want to hear anything from you." I said, moving past him to the stairs.

Footsteps followed behind while I walked even quicker to my room. "Eve." He called out, running after me as I turned down the corner.

"Wait, Eve." He stopped me just in time before I entered my room. Instinctively, I yanked my wrist away from his grip and glared at him. "What do you want?"

He stared at me with intensity in those dark orbs. "Eve, I don't want to reject you, I want to work things out with you." He stated firmly.

I scornfully laughed at his words. "Work things out with me? You and I both know that it's impossible, Nathan. Just don't get too high hopes on this mate thing."

Before he could get a word out of his mouth, I slammed the door in his face and huffed in anger.

Idiot.

xxxx

I massaged Mrs. Darlington's foot, providing foot reflexology service on her bare foot while she relaxed on the armchair. I worked in the foot reflexology centre part-time on weekends, and full-time during school holidays.

After graduating from high school in a few month's time, I have made plans to continue working in this centre and move out in a month or two.

I would be able to live my own life well without having to worry about when Nathan would annoy me again. Ever since he returned from his Alpha training, things just got a whole lot more worse.

If I have a chance to rewind, I wished I had never met him.

The door swung open to reveal a customer while I murmured a 'welcome' and got back to work. Giving her feet a wash, I quickly finished my job and stood up, wiping my hands with a hand towel.

I turned around to call upon the next customer, only to see Nathan approaching me. I internally groaned, silently cursing my brother for telling him that I worked here.

I will deal with him later.

I forced a smile since I have to be professional at all times. "How can I help you?" I asked, conjoining my hands together. "You work here?"

"I am sorry, sir. If you are not here to get a foot massage, I suggest you leave through this door." I said, turning around to serve the next customer.

"Wait, I am getting a foot massage." At his words, a thought entered my head.

Seems like this is the best time to get my revenge. I am going to make him go through hell.