Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Joe stood in front of me as he held onto the pads. I continued punching the pads like there was no tomorrow, releasing all my stress towards it. Joe just stood there like a statue, letting me punch the pads repeatedly for the past 2 hours.

"Whoa Eve, you still can continue after 2 hours?" He breathed out, panting as he put down the pads for a short break. I looked up, my eyes gleaming ferociously as I tried to calm myself down.

"Come on, you're so fast tired already?" I retorted back with a raised brow, twisting my head to the side as I stretched my stiff neck. Looking at how tired Joe was to keep up with me, I sighed.

"Fine, you can go back first, I will continue myself."

"You sure?"

"I will take over, Joe. Go back." A low voice startled me as I turned around to see Nathan by the side. Joe turned to look at me with a knowing look and turned around to leave.

He picked up the pads from the ground and held onto it steadily, positioning them in front of me. "Go on, babe." He urged, keeping his eyes fixated on me as I resumed punching.

Each time I punched, I let out a sound in frustration. My brows were creased as I concentrated on the pads. I thought of how I have to stay by Nathan's side, to become his strong support. I thought of how I would no longer have my freedom, to focus on bringing up our pups.

I let out a loud cry in anger and sent the pads flying off his hands. That was one huge blow I had inflicted.

Tearing off the bandages, I walked to the side and picked up my bottled water as I finished every drop. I panted furiously as I leaned against the cooling wall, closing my eyes.

"Babe." I snapped my eyes open upon hearing his voice, staring at the figure in front of me wearily. He skimmed his thumb across my cheek, his eyes focusing on me.

"Is there something bothering you?" He questioned with worry laced in his voice. I shook my head, mustering a small smile as I turned around to leave.

He caught up with my pace as he walked alongside me in silence. I walked past my room and headed straight to the place where I first reunited with him the moment he came back from his Alpha's training.

How times flies. I remembered how I first stood here screaming his name with hatred laced in my voice. I remembered how much I hated him when I first discovered we were mates.

But all that ended when he tried his hardest to win over my heart. And he eventually captured my heart.

However, things were not going to be easy from now on. I have seen how the Luna struggled to raise her pups and support the Alpha with the pack at the same time.

And I feared that the same thing would happen to me.

"I remembered the first day I came back from Alpha's training, I chased you all the way here. You were so mad about the fact that we were mates. Now, look at where we are now." He suddenly said, wrapping his arms around my waist as my back faced him.

A tear slid down my cheek. "If only, we could just stay as normal mates and live a simple life." There was a crack in my voice as I whispered softly.

His arms around my waist tightened upon hearing my words. "Is this the reason why you have been committing suicide?"

I shook my head, more tears sliding down my cheeks. "I didn't, submerging in the water gave me the peace I needed to think. Ever since I accepted this whole mates thing, I have never been happy because I know I have a huge responsibility awaiting me."

"Babe... is my Alpha title the reason why you have been so pressured lately?" He asked softly, caressing my shoulder blade lightly with his nose.

"The Luna title is something that not many she-wolves can ever possess in their lives. I know I must have done a really huge good deed in my past life to deserve this title. But I know that there is a price to pay for this, the responsibility to bring up our pups and to support you as you run the pack."

There was a minute of silence before he responded. "I know it's not going to be easy and I don't intend to stay in this Alpha position for long."

My eyes widened as I spun around immediately. "What did you mean by that?" A newfound hope flashed across my eyes as I anticipated his explanation.

He wiped away my tears with his thumb gently, smiling down at me. "I also have the same fear, to see you struggling like my mom when she was young. You don't deserve to be tied down by the responsibilities, and I don't wish to see my future son going through what I have went through as well."

"But I have a dream that I had since young, I wanted to get rid of all the rogues and bring peace to our pack. To do so, I would have to take this Alpha title and slowly remove them from this world. Otherwise, our pack would always be in danger."

"I understand." I smiled sadly, knowing that my hope had just been diminished. Even though he didn't want to see me going through what the Luna had went through, I had no choice since he wanted to fulfill his dream.

"But for the sake of you, I don't mind leaving everything behind once I have settled everything here. I plan to let your brother take over my position and once I make sure he is doing well, I will take your hand and travel around the world with you."

"Really?" My face lit up upon his words. He nodded, making me jump as I wrapped my legs around his waist with my arms dangling around his neck loosely.

I leaned in and pecked his lips. He chuckled deeply, holding me close to him until realisation hit him.

"Have you bathed?"