Chapter 10

My Ninja Way
“The New Chapter”

                “I already told you that if you’re on the defense then you should hold it a different way, and you’re pretty weak so you should get a lighter kunai.”

                “Uhmp.” Nori nodded lightly, letting out a noise in confirmation to show she was listening as Sasuke directed her hands a certain way with his own as they walked out of the forest. Her fingers gripped the kunai and she held it up. “Like this?”

                “Yeah.” Sasuke nodded. “You’re also going to have to build up more muscle.”

                “Uhmp.” Nori nodded once more and she instinctively flinched and shrunk away from Sasuke when he reached towards her to grab his kunai from her hands.

                Eye twitching, Sasuke glanced at her. “I told you not to do that.”

                “Sorry.” Nori apologized as her face went red slightly. She didn’t mean to flinch away from him, but she found him intimidating ever since they were in the Academy, he couldn’t just expect her to suddenly be comfortable around him.

                “Sasuke-kun! Nori!” Turning their heads upwards both of them saw Sakura at the meeting spot, waving excitedly in their direction. When they were finally in front of them, Sakura smiled. “Usually you’re the first ones here, the training session take a little longer today?” She asked, glancing at Sasuke in hopes he’d make conversation with her.

                They both remained quiet.

                Slumping in exasperation, Sakura let out a sigh. It was impossible to talk with those two! Sasuke was too cold to try and start a conversation and Nori was just too shy and quiet, although she did noticeably become more comfortable about them. Sakura’s eye twitched. But for some reason when the two were sitting together off to the side, they couldn’t seem to talk enough!

                Even now they were already on the other side of the bridge away from her, talking to each other in hushed voices. And from their hand motions it seemed to be about Sasuke’s fire ball jutsu. Ignoring the growing annoyance, Sakura decided to stay quiet.

                Hearing footsteps all three of them turned to the side to see Naruto running towards them with a bright grin on his face. “Good morning, Sakura-chan!” He greeted happily before he saw Sasuke and he narrowed his eyes.

                They both had a brief stare down before letting out a, “hmpf!” at the same time and then turning away. Sasuke barely opened his mouth to continue his small talk with Nori when Naruto’s loud voice cut him off.

                “Hey, hey, Norio!”

                Jumping, Nori leaned away slightly when Naruto came a little too close to her face. “Yes?”

                Naruto grinned. “Iruka-sensei was telling me about how he knew some people from your clan when he was younger, and he said that they could do some really cool tricks!” He said excitedly. “Can you do some?”

                Nori bit the inside of her lip. “Sorry, I can’t.”

                “Huh, why not?” Naruto blinked innocently.

                “It’s all very… complicated.” Nori frowned before seeing everyone’s confused looks and she continued. “Uhm… the process of learning to control our powers, I mean.” She clarified briefly. They were still confused. “For normal clans, they have a set of jutsu’s passed down, or a Kekkei Genkai. They usually learn to use the jutsu’s or Kekkei Genkai at a very young age instinctively. But in my clan we… have a process to learn to control our powers correctly so no one comes out… wrong.” She flinched and looked down at her feet. “This process of controlling your powers in my clan goes from age 8 to 16.”