Chapter 9

My Ninja Way
“Country of Waves Pt. 6”

                It was strange how bonds could be formed in such a small amount of time. While Nori herself didn’t feel saddened in a personal sense, she did feel sad because he was a good man at heart and having to die in such away made something poke at her chest.

                But she couldn’t say that she was affected as much as Naruto was by Zabuza’s quickly receding life.

                For a moment, the world around her went quiet and she could only focus on Zabuza’s slumped body on the ground. One day, that would probably be her. Dying slowly after receiving a killing slash from an enemy shinobi’s kunai.

                It was what happened when she was with her clan, it was what happened to those who attacked her clan, and it was what was going to happen to her.

                “Sakura, you’re heavy.”

                Nori stiffened before her head snapped around to look at where Sakura cried over Sasuke’s body, and her eyes widened when Sasuke opened his eyes. They were quite a distance away from where Nori stood with Naruto and Kakashi, and perhaps it could have been a trick of her eyes that his eyes were open.

                But he pushing himself into a sitting position was no trick of the eye. He was alive, and was going to stay that way. Now… Nori turned back towards the front, her eyes straying onto the group of remaining men in front of them.

                What to do about these guys.

.

.

.

                Huffing loudly, Nori pushed herself backwards as one of the men grabbed her arm. Her eyes followed his hand as he took a kunai quickly, his eyes gone crazy as he pushed it towards her stomach. Her eyes widened he jammed it into her stomach, making her back away as one of Kakashi’s shadow clones kicked him in the head.

                It took a few moments for the men to realize that with the village’s men, and Kakashi and Naruto’s shadow clones, that they were greatly outnumbered.

                Inari smirked. “Are you ready?!” He yelled loudly.

                “NO, WE’RE NOT!”

                Nori tilted her head, blinking slowly before she relaxed her stance, moving from her taijutsu stance to a normal stand as she watched Gato’s men bolt in the opposite direction towards the boat that they came from.

                “WE DID IT!” Inari cheered loudly causing the other villagers to throw their arms up in the air as well.

                Turning around to watch as Kakashi carefully took the spears out of Zabuza’s body, Nori hesitated before taking a few slow steps in their direction following as Kakashi placed him beside Haku’s dead body.

                When she stood a few feet away from Haku and Zabuza Nori finally took notice of the snow falling around them, making her look up at the sky and place her hand out.

                Zabuza’s eyes softened as he struggled to raise his hand to touch Haku’s face, his lips slowly curving upwards. “If it’s possible, I’d like to go…” Tears slowly fell from his eyes as his fingertips brushed the boy’s temple. “…to the same place as you.”