Chapter 12

My Ninja Way
"Chunin Exams Pt. 2"

"Yah, Sakura, stop pulling." Sasuke complained under his breath as they were finally far enough away from the previous scene with their hands still holding onto each other as the pink haired girl led them away. She looked back at them and giggled softly before reluctantly pulling her hand away from Sasuke, dropping Naruto's hand without a care.

Seeing that the she and Naruto were the only ones left holding hands, Nori attempted to follow Sakura and Sasuke's lead by pulling her hand gently away from Naruto's however the oblivious blond simply held tighter and continued to pull her around clumsily without letting go.

Shocked, she glanced at the other two for help but they seemed not to notice. "Uh, Naruto..." Nori leaned around Naruto to stare up at him awkwardly however before she could ask him to let go another voice rang out through the room.

"You with the sharp eyes!"

Spinning around, Team 7 looked for the source of the voice and found themselves staring up at the familiar boy in the green suit. Rock Lee. He was standing at the top of the stairs they'd walked down only moments before and was staring intensely at Sasuke with a determined glint in his dark eyes.

Immediately upon noticing who it was, each person had a different reaction with Naruto shocked, Sakura displeased, Nori curious, and Sasuke simply annoyed as he stared up at the older boy.

"What do you want?" Sasuke asked in an annoyed tone, narrowing his eyes slightly when Lee grinned.

"Will you fight me right here, right now?" He asked bravely with a look of confidence and Nori's head tilted. He wanted to fight right now?

Seeming amused by the question, Sasuke's eye brow quirked upwards. "Right now?" He questioned with a look of curiosity at the boys groundless confidence. Who was this nobody to challenge an Uchiha without an ounce of hesitation or fear?

"Yes." Lee nodded and jumped down from the stairs in one motion rather than walking down the steps one by one. Despite the fact that he was wearing such bright clothes and had really thick eyebrows, Nori couldn't help but notice he was kind of cool with the relaxed feeling surrounding him despite just challenging Sasuke to a fight.

Nori watched on with careful eyes and a strange irking feeling that someone was watching her intently. After an odd introduction and blowing kisses in Sakura's direction, Sasuke and Lee had a really intense conversation only for it to be interrupted by Naruto, who was quickly becoming annoyed with all the attention on Sasuke.

"I'll fight this guy." Naruto took a step forward with narrowed eyes, roughly pulling Nori with him due to their connected hands.

Sakura huffed in annoyance, placing her hands on her hips. "Naruto, don't butt in!"

"It'll only take five minutes." Was Naruto's reply and Nori awkwardly cleared her throat, her eyes shifting from person to person before she leaned towards him hesitantly.

"Naruto, you'll need to let go of my hand then." She spoke up and eyes turned to their hands which were still connected.

Naruto blinked before he violently shook his hand away from Nori's. "Of course!" He nodded and immediately turned back to Lee with determination lighting up his blue eyes. "Let's go then!"

"I don't want to fight you." Lee replied instantly with a bored look and he turned back to Sasuke, a smirk curving his lips. "I want to fight an Uchiha."