Chapter 5

My Ninja Way
"Country of the Waves Pt. 2"

                “Naruto!”

                Nori looked upwards, startled when Naruto crashed into her from the push Sakura gave him when he started walking too close to her. The red haired girl stumbled backwards, once again going unnoticed as Naruto didn’t even bother to apologize and instead, continued to pester Sakura.

                Kakashi sighed. “Naruto, Sakura.”  The two genin looked upwards and Kakashi jerked his finger at Nori who was now straying off to the side, not wanting to be near Sasuke or her other two teammates. The silver haired jounin’s eye twitched, looking a little annoyed. “Apologize to Nori, you bumped into her.”

                Sakura and Naruto glanced at each other, once again their suspicions that Kakashi favored Nori came up. Naruto turned away from his pink haired crush and stared at Nori long and hard, making her squirm as she continued to walk silently, her face turning a little red.

                The blonde turned back to their sensei, “Kakashi-sensei’s only saying that because he likes Nori more!”

                Kakashi blinked. “So?”

                “Gah!” Sakura stumbled before pointing at Kakashi. “You didn’t deny it!”

                "He didn't confirm it either..." Sasuke mumbleb before letting out a breath catching the attention of everyone. “We’re leaving Tazuna unguarded. What if another enemy shows up?”

                Kakashi smiled. “Don’t worry the enemy ninja would want to catch us off guard so they wouldn’t come back so quickly.”

                Sasuke frowned. But wouldn’t the enemy ninja be expecting us to think that way, so then they would come back earlier to catch us off guard. A little conflicted, the Uchiha turned to Naruto and Sakura for reassurance that he wasn’t the only one confused but found them bickering once more. He sighed. The idiots were too trusting. Then his dark eyes flickered towards the red haired girl who was walking ahead of them, off to the side in her own world. She seemed to be in deep thought. Suddenly, her eyes glanced in his direction, meeting his eyes before turning away quickly.

                Sasuke sighed softly. She wasn’t as much as an idiot as the other two.

.

.

.

                “Naruto! Stay still, you’re shaking the boat!” Sakura half whispered as she shoved Naruto on the arm lightly, her other hand holding the side of the boat as Naruto clumsily made his way to the front of the boat, bumping past everyone along the way.

                Nori let out a small noise when Naruto’s elbow smacked her in the temple when the blonde spun around to apologize to Sakura before continuing on his way.

                Sighing, Kakashi decided to stay quiet about Naruto’s manners because they needed to be silent in order not to be found out so quickly.

                Rubbing her temple with her fingers a little longer, Nori turned in her seat, extra careful not to bump Sasuke’s knees as she did so. Her icy blue eyes turned to the water before she let her hand stray from the boat.

                With finger tips trailing over the water as the boat moved, Nori attempted to remember when the Noboru clan moved away from Konoha, since she would have been around 7 at the time. Of course she would have remembered such a big move.