Chapter 8

Shucks, so I saw the trailer for the last Naruto movie and Sakura’s character design in that movie is basically the same as I had planned out in my mind for Nori. NO! I guess I’ll just have to change it up, sadly.
Also I’m sorry for the lack of NarutoxNori, but this will definitely have to be a slow burner and I’ve already planned out the different stages of friendships they’re going to go through before they actually get to that point, so right now, they’re at the like, unfamiliar stage. So sorry about that, I just didn’t want to jump into their romance so quickly, and I feel like there shouldn’t be any sort of romance between them yet because they’re only 12yrs old. Also they’re characters are very complicated, so… yeah. 
But while trying to get a rough draft of my storyline for this fanfic I realized something didn’t quite add up, so previously the age that she came to Konoha was 5yrs old, but because it didn’t fit with the storyline I’m slowly planning out I had to change it to 8. So if you notice her age is different than it should have been from before, this is why.
REMINDER: Nori will not love Sasuke.

My Ninja Way
“The Country of Waves Pt. 5”

                Shuffling along the soft pure white snow under her feet, Nori slowly made her way down the road, her breathes coming out in white puffs before her as she focused intently on the ground, her kimono which consisted of different shades of blues brushing against her ankles as she did so.

                Shrugging her white haori over her shoulders to keep in the warmth a little bit, Nori blew a piece of her long red hair which escaped from its clips away from her face. Left, right, left, right, lef— letting out a wail in surprise, Nori swung her arms around uselessly as she slipped on the slope.

                Fully expecting to hit the ground, Nori clenched her teeth together only to jerk backwards slightly as a larger hand wrapped around her upper arm and yanked her to a stop.

                “Dummy.” A voice said, causing Nori to turn her eyes to her left to look at her savior.

                Eyes going wide in shock, she couldn’t stop the red tint which slowly came over her cheeks and she stumbled to her feet once more, struggling to keep balance. Gulping, she glanced upwards at the white haired boy holding onto her arm.

                “Naru-kun, I’m fine.” She said quietly and the white haired boy still holding onto her grinned widely before letting go of her arm, only to grab her hand with his larger one.

                “Wanna skip your morning classes with me?” He asked with a glint in his eyes as he crouched onto his knees so he was more to her height. “I can teach you much better than those idiots can.”

                Biting her lip, Nori glanced around them nervously. “I am skipping.” She said slowly, her little fingers tightening around his when his eyes lit up. “But not for you,” she frowned. “Have you seen oka-san around?”

                Naru’s smile faded slightly. “Sorry, Nori-chan. I haven’t, but I can help you look?” He offered lightly.

                “Don’t you have classes too?” Nori questioned, “just because you’re a genius, you’re still only 14 years old.” Glancing down at her, Naru’s black eye brow rose slightly as the firm look in her light blue eyes.

                “I am a genius.” He confirmed smugly, his voice cracking because of the changes his voice was going through. “And that’s exactly why I don’t have to do to classes anymore, I gained control on my powers when I was 9.”