Chapter 6

My Ninja Way
“Country of Waves Pt. 3”

                “Nori…”

                Someone was shaking her.

                “Nori, wake up.”

                Nori’s eyes opened slowly from her place curled on the futon. She moved slightly, her body aching as she turned over to find Kakashi leaning over her from his place sitting on her futon. Her light blue eyes caught sight of her teammates standing at the door and she blinked, now fully aware of the situation.

                Kakashi’s mask shifted giving Nori the impression he was smiling. “How you doing, kiddo?” He asked once she met his eyes. “You took quite a beating.”

                The incidents from before flashed through her mind and she raised her hand to her cheek instantly only to find that there was no food remaining from when she blacked out briefly. Her face reddened when she realized someone must have cleaned her face while she was asleep.

                “You alright?”

                Nori pushed herself to sit, nodding silently. “Wha… what’s wrong?” She asked quietly.

                Team 7 glanced at each other, leaving Nori out of the loop before they turned back to their sensei. “You explain it.” They all said at the same time.

                Kakashi scoffed lightly before turning back to Nori.

                “First of all, Zabuza is not dead.”

.

.

.

                From her place on the tree, Nori couldn’t help but wince when Naruto and Sasuke landed on their faces as they tried a fifth time to climb the tree using their chakra. Casting a glance at Sakura, Nori blinked at the pink haired girl before opening her mouth—

                “Sakura, Nori.” Kakashi called out, gaining their attention as he looked up at them. “You two come and practice too. You may have gotten it on the first try but you still need to get used to the feeling.”

                “Yes, sensei!” Sakura called out before pushing herself off the branch to join the boys with their training.

                It was after another five to ten minutes with Kakashi realized Nori was still sitting in the tree. Glancing up at the red head, he found her swinging her legs back and forth as she observed the others. “Nori!” He called causing her eyes to flash over to him. “Come and practice too.”

                She blinked, seeming unsure. “Uhm… I don’t—”

                “Ah. You’re refusing” Kakashi tilted his head. “Is this what parents call the rebellious stage?” Nori’s face went bright red and she seemed to shrink into herself when the others glanced her way for a moment when she still didn’t move. Kakashi frowned, “Nori, you need to learn this—”

                “I don’t need it.” She blurted out causing everyone to turn their full attention to her. Averting her eyes nervously, Nori gulped heavily. “I-I don’t n-need to p-practice…”

                Kakashi suddenly remembered when she ran up the tree on her first try. Although both she and Sakura made it to the top instantly, Sakura and the others hesitated before doing it, unsure if it would work.