vii.

2014.
13 years.

"You don't even have boobs!", Yeonjun whined as Junoh looked at the beautiful lace brassieres.

"Shut up!", she smacked his head while turning red, all of the older ladies in the place had turned to look at them with pointed eyes. "You're so annoying!"

"I'm sorry, but I didn't ask to be stuck here", Yeonjun rolled his eyes and lifted both his hands filled with bags of clothes. "Don't you think you've bought enough?"

"I just need a cute bra", she turned away from her brother snd started examining all of the different shapes and colors offered for her.

"What for?"

"Because", she shrugged. Yeonjun huffed and rolled his eyes.

She would never admit it was because all of the girls in her class had beautiful brassieres, and she only wore thin sport bras because her chest hadn't fully developed. She could see all the cute patterns and colors her classmates wore whenever they had gym class and were all together changing.

She changed inside a toilet stall.

"I literally can't with you", Yeonjun said. "We've been here forever!"

"There, there", she patted his shoulder and he shimmied out of her hold. "I will get this one and we can go!"

She took a black laced brassiere, it was so cute she wanted to die. She payed for it with the last of her birthday money, and placed the last bag on her brother's hands. It was a routine every year: they would get each birthday money from mom and dad, and they would take each other shopping for whatever the birthday person wanted.

Junoh's birthday had been a while back, so she had decided to take Yeonjun shopping and then treat him to some Jajangmyeon later.

He huffed and they took the bus, Yeonjun never letting go of her bags and placing them neatly on her bed.

"Food?", at the mention, her oppa's eyes lit up and he nodded cutely. She had just enough money for the three of them to go eat.

Oh, yeah. Ever since they had met Beomgyu about ten years ago, it had also become a rule for the three of them to go out for lunch on each other's birthday. Since Junoh's birthday had been a week ago, and she had decided to wait until Beomgyu got back from visiting his grandparents, today was the day they'd be all eating together.

"Eat?", was the first thing Beomgyu mumbled when opening his new apartment door.

Long story short, he and his father  realized he was the son of another man (one who turned out to be rich and an entrepreneur), and they kind of extorted him to pay for all of the years he wasn't around.

Beomgyu's mother had passed away when the little boy was eight, due to an accident. So he and Beomsoo had to live with his father only –just to realize that Beomgyu was only half a brother to his hyung. But that never stopped any of the three men to love each other unconditionally and to be a family (with a new rich kid, called Beomgyu).

"You're so annoying!", Junoh mumbled and scrunched her eyebrows.

Beomgyu giggled and engulfed her in a hug for the longest time ever, peppering kisses on her forehead and hair.

"You're so small, like bite-sized Junoh", Beomgyu commented still hugging his best friend, and earned himself a smack on the back.

"Let me go before I kill you!"

"That's like a chihuahua trying to attack a german shepherd", Yeonjun stated.

"If Beomgyu was a dog, he definitely would not be a german shepherd. More like some dumb dog like a Mastiff", she got out of Beomgyu's air-suffocating embrace and earned herself a glare.

"And you'd be a poodle! Small and annoying"

"Shut up", she smacked his arm and the younger boy giggled.

"Let's just go eat", Yeonjun had a smile creeping on his lips.

They walked out of the building and then towards the small restaurant that served the best Jajang Udon ever. They sat and waited on their food, while bickering about something.

When their orders arrived, Yeonjun raised his eyebrows at the plate in front of him.

"Ha! You got a wrong dish!", Beomgyu stated with a smile.

"Shut up!", Junoh placed her hand on the boy's mouth and he licked it. "You are so disgusting", she wiped her hand on his cheek.

"Let's just call the waiter", the elder said.

But when the waiter arrived, it was not the same that had taken their orders. It was a beautiful, tall boy, who could've been mistaken by an Idol in every sense of the way. He had an alluring presence, and a calm smile while apologizing and taking Yeonjun's plate away.

"Your oppa is totally dazed", Beomgyu murmured to Junoh, who hadn't failed to notice that Yeonjun's cheeks had turned pink and he was doing that thing when he did whenever got nervous: he played with his hair at his nape.

"Yah, it's my birthday! Not fair he got cupid today", Junoh scrunched her nose and Beomgyu giggled.

"Maybe you're bound to be forever alone".

"As if. At least I'm cute, but you? You are ugly and annoying", she huffed.

It wasn't true. At least that wasn't what she thought about Beomgyu. Yes, he was annoying at times (most times), but he didn't have an ounce of ugliness in him.

He had grown to be perfect. All his features, all of him screamed perfection.

Sometimes, Junoh questioned herself if she'd started liking him romantically, but then she would brush the feeling off. Why would she fall for... him?

They were friends –the best at that–, so why would she ever want to think of him as anything more than a friend? It didn't make sense.

"Here comes mister cutie", Beomgyu's mumble took her out of her trance and she smiled at the way Yeonjun's cheeks burned red when realizing the younger boy was talking about the waiter.

"Thank you!", Junoh said when the boy placed the Jajang Udon in front of Yeonjun. "I am Choi Junoh, this is my older brother Yeonjun, and this prick is Beomgyu", she stated.

"Hello", the boy bowed with a smile. He looked back to make sure no one needed him and then his eyes fell on Yeonjun for a while, before darting nervously towards Junoh. "I'm Choi Soobin".

"The fourth", Beomgyu whispered. "No we can be the musketeers!"

"Oh gosh", Yeonjun buried his face in his palms and the two younger ones giggled.

"Do you want to hang out after your shift?", Beomgyu asked and Soobin looked as if he was too scared to answer. "We are going to be all evening on the park that's close by", he smiled. "You're welcomed to join whenever you want".